Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much to charge for room for weekends only?

Options
  • 03-05-2014 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,243 ✭✭✭

Posting this on behalf of my sister. She lives in a terraced house in Cork city centre which she previously rented out for €750 per month. She's now living in the house herself and a friend of hers has approached her to enquire about renting one of her rooms for week-ends only. She wasn't planning on renting out any of the rooms so this would in effect be a top up for her in paying her mortgage.

She's not too sure how much to charge though. So it's a double room. The renter would have the main bathroom as their own private bathroom (my sister has an en-suite). They'd also have free-on street parking outside. The house is a 10 minute walk from Patrick street.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭suds1984

€30/weekend I would say. Say average rent for room like that would be €400/month. That works out about €13/night so roughly €30 for two night weekend.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

If you were to stay anywhere at all- it costs significantly more to stay there at the weekend than it does mid-week. Its also most awkard for an owner-occupier- as usually they'll be working during the week, so they'd loose more home amenity by having someone stay at weekends, than they would on week days.

If it costs 800 to rent an apartment in the area- that might be ~30 a night- split two ways is 15 a night, times 1.5 because its the weekend, and times 2 for 2 nights- works out at 45, call it a round 50, inclusive of bills.

Weekend nights, regardless of where you are, are always more expensive.

Advertisement