Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A little help with excel

Options
  • 03-05-2014 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭

I have to submit a report for work pretending to know exactly what I am doing. My problem is that I don't :-)

I need to calculate any items that took over three weeks to deliver. If I have various dates (purchase date) in column A and various different dates after that (Delivery date) in column B, how can I calculate which took 3 weeks plus to deliver.

Many thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

in column C

=DATEDIF(B1,A1,"d")

might give you an answer in days, and put that inside a YES/NO LATE/ONTIME kinda yoke

no excel on this so cant test it + don't use it that much anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

An 'if' statement should do it...

Something like this

=IF((B2-A2)>21, "Greater than 3 weeks", "Less than 3 weeks")

Where B2 is the delivery date, and A2 is the purchase date.
    You could change the words in "" to say whatever you want the result to say. Excel does fine on using a minus between dates and working out the days between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

If column A is purchase date and column B is delivery date, the simplest way is to first set the sell format as being date, then you can then apply a simple formula to column C to display the number of days between the purchase date and delivery date.

=B1-A1

will give you the number of days between the first purchase and delivery date, drag the formula down to apply it to each row. Depending what you want to do after that, you can set up conditional formatting rules to highlight dates that took 3 weeks plus in red, or whatever....

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Faze11

Thanks for all your help and quick responses. Will test out tomorrow.

Advertisement