Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of maybe upgrading my gpu have an EZCool 500 watt psu

Options
  • 04-05-2014 3:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭

My specs are
    Intel core i5 2500k cpu overclocked to 4.3ghz
    Radeon 6670 1gb ddr3
    4gb 1333 ddr3 ram
    1000GB 7200RPM Hard Disk
    Sony dvd-rw drive
    EZCool Basic 500 watt psu.
    I would like to upgrade my gpu to the Geforce gtx 660 and wanted to know would that ezcool 500 watt psu be able to run it or would the geforce gtx 660 2gb be too much for it?
    I was thinking of the EVGA superclocked 2gb version of it.
    If I had to upgrade my psu aswell I don't think I'd bother.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭quinnd6

Sorry I should have posted it in the pc building and upgrading section.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

I would upgrade that PSU regardless it's a piece of crap. It has kaboom written all over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭quinnd6

I've been using it for 2 years and it has been fine so far.
    PSU is the one upgrade I don't want to have to do because it's the most awkward, there's tonnes of wires to make sure get connected properly and tidy up properly after and there's too much possibility of me screwing it up basically so I don't want to do it since the psu I have is working fine.
    Maybe I could use a 750ti with it then?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

I wouldn't risk it. A cheap PSU can take out your whole PC if it goes. Take a photo of all the wires if your worried. It's really a lot easier than you think.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTVEtr14FEA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRBu5egS6Ig

Advertisement