Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening a Savings Account from Abroad

Options
  • 04-05-2014 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I currently reside in the United States, but will be moving permanently to Ireland within the next 18-24 months.  I would like to establish of BoI savings account prior to my move.  Is it possible to open an account from overseas, and then to regularly transfer funds into my BoI savings account?  

I have seen similar questions asked here in the forum, and the answer is ALWAYS "please contact a BoI representative for assistance."  Doesn't anybody have a straight answer for this question?  It seems like a simple question: (1) can it be done?; (2) what forms/procedures are necessary?; (3) can it be done online?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi kaufmanj1973.

Welcome to Boards.ie and thanks for taking the time to get in touch with us.

It is certainly possible to open a savings account with us prior to your move to Ireland.
    This process can only be completed online if you are currently a resident, have an account with us and are registered with 365Online.
    If the above conditions are not applicable to you, it will be necessary to have the application referred to one of our branches where the opening of the account may be completed by post.

For more information on the types of savings accounts we offer and to request a call back from one of our advisor's, please see here. Alternatively you may contact them directly on 003531 4044034 and a representative will be more than happy to assist you.

We hope this helps. If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to contact us.
    Laura

Advertisement