Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hey people ! Just wondering if anyone knows is there a MS Helpdesk in Ireland.

Options
  • 04-05-2014 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

I used to work in Compaq under contract to Microsoft doing Ms Helpdesk support (many moons ago). There was a large call centre in Eastpoint business park. Nearly 100 tech's on the floor. This was great way to get few MCP's very steep learning curve, I am interested in going back on the phones for bit to update my skillset. I was there for launch of win98 !! ha.. an what a fu**in disaster that was. Went on to do an MCSE in the NT4 track. But these qualifications are fairly out dated now. I know ICL used to have a contract with MS aswell at the time. I am curious do they still do it maybe. ?

All help is greatly appreciated,
    Jay

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 JayMcS

Has anyone any info on this ??

Has anyone any info on this ?? What helpdesk's are around Dublin ? Is there a MS helpdesk in operation in Ireland ??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

There are loads of helpdesks in Dublin, CPL and Manpower would be two companies I know of that staff them.

They pretty much all require high technical/multilingual skills.

Do you know is there an ms helpdesk here ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

JayMcS wrote: »
    Do you know is there an ms helpdesk here ?
    According to the Microsoft Jobs section, there are no roles like that available. The helpdesk role has changed and expanded somewhat over the years so you may be more interested in a specific support role like this (which is the lowest level role available at the moment)

http://www.microsoft-careers.com/job/Dublin-IT-SERVICE-ENG-2-OPS-Job/59719200/

I believe Accenture also manage Microsoft Support positions so it would be worth seeing what's available with them as the above role, is a bit specific to anti malware but always worth applying for.

http://www.irishjobs.ie/Recruiters/Accenture-Ireland-1596.aspx

It would be nice to be able to return to your previous role, I felt the same before my current job but jobs in IT vary and change so much that it could be very difficult.

• Advertisement

The helpdesk wasn't in Microsoft advertsfox, they sub contracted the hole thing out (they had one in redding inhouse and two contracted out) I was wondering if any company's in Ireland had the contract at the minute. by the looks of things probably not. I also worked in house in Sandyford but the steepest learning curve was when I worked in ms support. They do still have it as I can call them for support on any product (of coarse). Yes the job description has changed a bit teche's can now take control of a users PC etc through the web... which makes it lot less frustrating.

Advertisement