Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Season ticket query.

• 04-05-2014 12:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭

Has anyone ever cancelled a season ticket during the season? I heard that if you do that you might not be allowed to get one the following year. Does anyone know if there is any truth in that or not? Thanks for answers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

acequion wrote: »
    Has anyone ever cancelled a season ticket during the season? I heard that if you do that you might not be allowed to get one the following year. Does anyone know if there is any truth in that or not? Thanks for answers.
    I'm not sure why anyone would cancel it. As far as I'm aware, it's already bought and paid for so if it's not needed or wanted this season, just don't use it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

I'm not sure why anyone would cancel it. As far as I'm aware, it's already bought and paid for so if it's not needed or wanted this season, just don't use it.

You're incorrect. Only the league matches and first championship match are paid for. The rest are payable (with some discounted) whether you attend or don't. It makes perfect sense to cancel in the event you can't attend the matches and can't offload the ticket to somebody else. If you cancel and sign up you won't be entitled to the renewal price anyway, not sure about any other restrictions. It might be better to contact the Season Ticket office directly - seasonticket@gaa.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

The initial cost of the ticket covers league games and your county's first championship game.

Your credit/debit card is automatically charged for your county's championship games thereafter - this is a cost on top of what you paid for the ticket already.

To the op - the terms and conditions state that if you owe money for this season you will not be able to buy next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

You're incorrect. Only the league matches and first championship match are paid for. The rest are payable (with some discounted) whether you attend or don't
    I have one myself for the last few years but I wasn't aware that you were obligated to buy tickets for games after the first championship match.

If cancelling is an issue for future years, I would assume, since you have to buy the tickets, you should be able to offload them to someone at a €5 discount especially considering they should be reasonably good tickets depending on where the games are at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭acequion

Thanks for the replies. Yes you are obligated to pay for all matches after the first round of the championship regardless of whether you attend or not. That's why it does make sense to cancel when you know in advance you'll miss most of them. As long as there are no penalties for doing so. I guess the best bet is to contact the season ticket office directly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement