Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed - Baby Formula

Options
  • 04-05-2014 12:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Is it possible to make a large batch of baby formula, put it in a sterile jug in the fridge, pour into sterile bottle when needed and heated up in bottle warmer. My 8 month daughter preferes to give herself her formula in a beaker and I find im making her full bottles and she is wasting loads where as if I made a large jug and kept it in the fridge I could give it to her through out the day in her beaker with out having to make so many individual bottles. Has anyone ever done this before if so what methods did you use?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

You can get a 32oz Dr. Browns formula jug in Bella Baby: http://www.bellababy.ie/browns-formula-mixing-pitcher-p-2806.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 KRRBRO

nikpmup wrote: »
    You can get a 32oz Dr. Browns formula jug in Bella Baby:

What a great idea :-) Thank you! I wonder if this jug can be stored in the fridge also?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

KRRBRO wrote: »
    What a great idea :-) Thank you! I wonder if this jug can be stored in the fridge also?

Depends on the size of the jug and the size of your fridge I guess! I think the idea of it is to do exactly as you said; store up a day's worth of formula in the jug in the fridge and pour out what you need when you need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

I'd imagine at 8 months old you wouldn't need everything sterile? so making it up in advance shouldn't be an issue... I stopped sterilizing everything at about 4-5 months, and once they were mobile they usually started chewing the floor anyway so it was pointless :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37 collinseliza

I use a measuring jug and whisk. No problems at all for my 8week old. Place everything in fridge and jug has a cover...cost €4.50! Keeps feed nice and fresh in bottle.

• Advertisement
Advertisement