Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debit cards with dbs

Options
  • 03-05-2014 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi,
    I know this is an old thread but i've signed up for dublin bikes using my visa/debit card, i rang them to ask could i still use the bikes until i get my card and i was told i would have to purchase a 3 day ticket for €5, i went along that evening and purchased the ticket at one of the stations using my debit card because i don't have credit card either, they took the €150 "guarantee" from my account, even though i only had the bike for 20 mins and it was returned undamaged, i rang the the next morning and i was told, that's because i used a debit card, i told them the website doesn't state clearly the reasons why you shouldn't pay with a debit card, that it just says visa/debit cards are not accepted, it should say something like "we do accept visa/debit cards, however, we will take €150 from your account, when i said all this to the customer service agent i was told " you shouldn't have used your visa/debit card, she kept saying this over and over, so, my question is, has anyone been charged the €150 and did you get it back onto your card and if so how long did it take them , btw, i don't need anyone telling me i shouldn't have used the debit card

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

Really you need to talk to your bank, it's a pre-auth thing and should be returned to your account in a week or so on a short term hire.

No idea if you signed up for a long term account with a debit card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

I use Dublin Bkes. When you brought the machine warned it you it takes the €150 from your account. You are just going to have to wait for the money to be returned. It might only take a few days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement