Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec 63 - 00 Engineer on display

Options
  • 04-05-2014 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

Pair of 1 year olds got up on their buggy and started poking at the alarm keypad.

Now I get a 00 Engineer on the top of the diaplay and I can not enable the alarm.

Any ideas on how to reset or exit this mode?

I have a user manual, but no mention of this (anyone have an engineers manual?).

Cheers
    P

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

They have managed to enter the engineer code.
    Press clear 99 to return to normal operation.
    If you don't know the engineer code maybe a good time to change it so you can access it again in the future.
    You use command 92 to change the engineer code, Ill send you the engineer manual.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭munsterleinster

Clear 99 worked perfectly... Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭WestWing

Hopefully someone can offer some advise.

My Astec 63 is currently in Engineer mode "00 Engineer" shown on screen.

I tried pressing clear, then typing 99, but to no avail. When I try I get the message "Infrared CH1 fault", with 99 Engineer appearing above it.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭WestWing

Many thanks to Koolkid for helping me with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

WestWing wrote: »
    Many thanks to Koolkid for helping me with this.

For anyone else with the same fault.
    The PIR needs to be programmed into the system.
    Command 70.

• Advertisement
Advertisement