Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Fibre requires me to change my payment method to Direct Debit??? Ridiculous.......

Options
  • 04-05-2014 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

As a loyal Eircom customer over the past 6 years despite only getting 4.5mbps when I was supposed to be getting closer to 24mbps, I was delighted to hear about e-fibre and it was with great anticipation that I awaited it coming to my area so that I could experience the internet as it was intended. I also was happy to find it would be costing around the same at 50euro per month. SO it is with great dismay that now that E-Fibre has FINALLY come to my area, I find that in order to avail of this service I have to change my payment method to Direct Debit. I have always regularly paid my bill in the local Post Office where I collect my invalidity pension. It has been convenient and it suits me to pay when I can, bit by bit usually.  I have never been a fan or Direct Debits and do not like giving someone else a mandate to collect from my bank account when they please. I am apalled now that as a loyal customer I am faced with the choice of paying 50euro plus for 4.5mbps broadband in a way that suits me or give in to Eircom and pay in a way that does not suit me or take into acount my individual circumstances. This is yet another example of Eircom moving the goalposts and paying no attention to their existing customers.
        When I signed up with the agent and switched from Vodafone, I explained my circumstances and was assured that it would be no problem for me to pay in this manner. I am perplexed by Eircom's inherently arrogant and unfair attitude. As long as I pay off my bill regularly, I do not see the necessity for me to be forced to pay via Direct Debit...
    Switching back to Vodafone is becoming a more and more attractive option as they will allow me to pay with my Debit Card as I please.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Dancun99 wrote: »
    As a loyal Eircom customer over the past 6 years despite only getting 4.5mbps when I was supposed to be getting closer to 24mbps, I was delighted to hear about e-fibre and it was with great anticipation that I awaited it coming to my area so that I could experience the internet as it was intended. I also was happy to find it would be costing around the same at 50euro per month. SO it is with great dismay that now that E-Fibre has FINALLY come to my area, I find that in order to avail of this service I have to change my payment method to Direct Debit. I have always regularly paid my bill in the local Post Office where I collect my invalidity pension. It has been convenient and it suits me to pay when I can, bit by bit usually.  I have never been a fan or Direct Debits and do not like giving someone else a mandate to collect from my bank account when they please. I am apalled now that as a loyal customer I am faced with the choice of paying 50euro plus for 4.5mbps broadband in a way that suits me or give in to Eircom and pay in a way that does not suit me or take into acount my individual circumstances. This is yet another example of Eircom moving the goalposts and paying no attention to their existing customers.
        When I signed up with the agent and switched from Vodafone, I explained my circumstances and was assured that it would be no problem for me to pay in this manner. I am perplexed by Eircom's inherently arrogant and unfair attitude. As long as I pay off my bill regularly, I do not see the necessity for me to be forced to pay via Direct Debit...
       Switching back to Vodafone is becoming a more and more attractive option as they will allow me to pay with my Debit Card as I please.
    Hi Dancun99

I can confirm that direct debit is a spcific condition of efibre broadband. Unfortunately there is no alternative which can be arranged upon signing up to efibre.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Southern Belle

Hi Dancun99

I can confirm that direct debit is a spcific condition of efibre broadband. Unfortunately there is no alternative which can be arranged upon signing up to efibre.

Thanks
    Al
    Is there a reason why customers who have always paid their bills regularly and on time are being forced to pay via DD for e-fibre?

Hi Dancun99

Thanks
    Al
    Is there a reason why customers who have always paid their bills regularly and on time are being forced to pay via DD for e-fibre?

Hi Southern Belle

While I can understand this may not be ideal for some customers I'm sorry to confirm that we would not be able to offer reasons behind operational decisions like this. I can confirm that upgrading to efibre requires a new contract and creates a new account with eircom which direct debit is a specific condition of - apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Southern Belle

Hi Dancun99

Thanks
    Al

Hi Southern Belle

While I can understand this may not be ideal for some customers I'm sorry to confirm that we would not be able to offer reasons behind operational decisions like this. I can confirm that upgrading to efibre requires a new contract and creates a new account with eircom which direct debit is a specific condition of - apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Al,

It's more than "not ideal" for most people that I've spoken to  - naively, I didn't believe that Eircom would force this on people.  Thankfully even though I am a very very long term customer, I'm not under contract and can make alternative arrangements with providers who seem more customer focussed.  Thanks for your response.

HI Southern Belle

I can understand your disappointment this and I'm sorry I could not offer you better news.

Thanks

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement