Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread Summer 2014 - Mod Warning post #6893

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Benzino wrote: »
    So when are we going to see this betting slip?

Are things really that bad for you that this is all you can think about.
    :D
    If it means that much to you you can PM me your email address and, when /if City win, I will get a screenshot or whatever and email it to you. It is a €200 City win and a €100 City win so whatever that nets me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,325 ✭✭✭✭rob316

djPSB wrote: »
    Wouldn't expect anything else from them.

Not a very classy club.

The same club who's main objective every season is to finish above arsenal.

Like I said small time *****.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

10320600_10152394731519138_3055618396883138141_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Wouldn't expect anything else from them.

Not a very classy club.

To be fair, it's probably just one gob****e in charge of their twitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭carraig2

Suarez ****ed up Liverpool's season????
    He gave them a season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

giphy.gif

Leaps like a salmon...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I have to say, it's a nice pick me up reading the other teams threads and knowing your relevant again. Great season despite the finish.

Its better to be hated than pitied or ignored - or as Andy Warhol said I don't read my reviews I weigh them

• Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Anyone see Rodgers interview? What did he have to say?

5starpool wrote: »

He sounded gutted. Said it was over. Criticised the defending

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭dixiefly

monkey9 wrote: »
    If Man City lose one of their two remaining games and we beat Newcastle, quote the hell out of tonight's match thread!!

Some of us have given ye credit which is deserved this season considering where ye had been.

However, considering some of the sarcastic comments by many on here in recent times and over the season I think the ribbing on here is not inappropriate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭The Narrator

dixiefly wrote: »
    If it means that much to you you can PM me your email address and, when /if City win, I will get a screenshot or whatever and email it to you. It is a €200 City win and a €100 City win so whatever that nets me.

You might want to see a doctor about that smell of bull**** coming off you....can't be healthy...

You're welcome.

You thanking yourself now rarnes?

mike65 wrote: »
    Its better to be hated than pitied or ignored - or as Andy Warhol said I don't read my reviews I weigh them

I like that one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,325 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Would PSG give us a refund on Sakho?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

5live wrote: »
    You thanking yourself now rarnes?

5live that made me lol :D

Thanks man .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

dibs101 wrote: »
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha..... Why aren't ye visiting the arsenal and united threads tonight boys like ye have been over the past few months? Enjoy the fight for 6th next year....

1337229634848.jpg

and while you're on the way out, will ya leave Wednesday's lotto numbers please, thanks

The Humour thread reeks of desperation to be relevant. Looking up the table must be awful hard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

Glen Johnson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Our defence hasn't been good enough all year. We are where are we are because of our midfield & strikers, our defense is second rate.

Some cheerleaders in here refused to accept it during the season & have just wanted more goals etc, but our defending is just appalling and was always likely to cost us the league title.

Be cheering on the Villa then Wednesday night? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Felexicon

What favour would you like me to do for you? Bed time story? Tuck you in?

Ask your Ma to give me my boxers back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Johnson at faulty for practically all three goals tonight. He'll be gone in the summer. Hate to harp on about the same players again but once again Lucas going missing and offering nothing. Hopefully he'll be gone too. And I know people think he's 'boss' and a 'beast' but Sakho isnt good enough for me. Dont know why Rodgers spilt up Skrtel and Agger when they were finding form and beginning to keep a few clean sheets. As Carragher said, one clean sheet in 17 for Skretl and Sakho. Thats shocking.

Need a new right back, centre back and midfielder for next season.
    Not filler but top class, people who can fit straight into the first team.

Felexicon wrote: »
    nah he will be off in the summer to Spain without a second thought that he cost Liverpool the title. But he wants people to think he cares, hence the Oscar winning performance tonight at the final whistle

Wow.

Just......wow.

You really don't know much about football, do you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Who is he referring to?

No idea, though it appears he is referring to pundits perhaps?
    Glen Johnson ‏@glen_johnson 3m
    So many sofa experts in this game....
    Absolutely no idea about football what so ever! #Jokers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Heated debate in the United about how they'll qualify for the Europa league next year. Don't want to interrupt that. :pac:

Just like thsi thread last year..

How quickly ye all forget..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,420 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Suarez with the crocodile tears at the end acting like he cares about the club. Do me a favour.

Don't let your hate and bitterness consume you Felexicon. Embrace your pain. You need to consider your pain a white ball of healing light. Go inside your cave, deep inside your cave and find your power animal (mine is a panda). Feel that hate and bitterness with him, control it and then release it. You can control it if you believe you can.

================

That said, I have no problem with opposition fans making hay so long as they aren't ones to hand wring and cry foul when they're on the receiving end. Is that the case tonight? You can decide.

The ultimate football point I'm making here though is that this is what relevancy is. Utd fans have been living and dieing on our results for much if the season feeling an ever growing sense of panic. I would never trade places with their rather sad and empty match thread at the weekend.

We are at the sharp end, playing league games that matter in May. Some season in so many ways!!

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭dibs101

Knex. wrote: »
    Because, unlike either of those teams, we are actually involved in the discussion for the league title at the business end of the season. So yano, we want to discuss it.

Discussions us all your involved in now. Schadenfreunde.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Stop trolling dibs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

ZZ23432.jpg

Poor Stevie, his slip is going to be remembered as the season's iconic moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

"feel your power animal (mine is a panda)"

Needed that laugh :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Just like thsi thread last year..

How quickly ye all forget..

Stop living in the past lad. Time to look to the future...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

Benzino wrote: »
    No idea, though it appears he is referring to pundits perhaps?

Most likely talking about idiots that are abusing him on twitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,597 ✭✭✭brevity

5starpool wrote: »

A lot about poor decision making, poor game management. Defenders need to defend better...

What's concerning is that this has been happening all season and surely Rodgers knows this...either the defenders are not good enough or the system he's asked them to play doesn't suit their skillset.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Don't let your hate and bitterness consume you Felexicon. Embrace your pain. You need to consider your pain a white ball of healing light. Go inside your cave, deep inside your cave and find your power animal (mine is a panda). Feel that hate and bitterness with him, control it and then release it. You can control it if you believe you can.

================

That said, I have no problem with opposition fans making hay so long as they aren't ones to hand wring and cry foul when they're on the receiving end. Is that the case tonight? You can decide.

The ultimate football point I'm making here though is that this is what relevancy is. Utd fans have been living and dieing on our results for much if the season feeling an ever growing sense of panic. I would never trade places with their rather sad and empty match thread at the weekend.

We are at the sharp end, playing league games that matter in May. Some season in so many ways!!

You're right. United fans have no idea what it's like to be involved in games that matter un May.....................oh wait

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Johnson at faulty for practically all three goals tonight. He'll be gone in the summer. Hate to harp on about the same players again but once again Lucas going missing and offering nothing. Hopefully he'll be gone too. And I know people think he's 'boss' and a 'beast' but Sakho isnt good enough for me. Dont know why Rodgers spilt up Skrtel and Agger when they were finding form and beginning to keep a few clean sheets. As Carragher said, one clean sheet in 17 for Skretl and Sakho. Thats shocking.

Need a new right back, centre back and midfielder for next season.
    Not filler but top class, people who can fit straight into the first team.

The first goal from Johnson was shocking...gerard should have got a lot tighter for the second and the third was just a mess. Think between 60-70 minutes we should have subbed off sturridge,allen,and lucas as all of them tired dramatically after 70 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,049 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

ZZ23432.jpg

Poor Stevie, his slip is going to be remembered as the season's iconic moment.

Why even if they had drawn against Chelsea the draw tonight means it's still would have been in city's hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Nope, we are top of the league and secured CL football :) I'm not providing you with my email, just post a screenie here and that will be the end of it, simple :)

Hendo has been a massive loss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,420 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

10320600_10152394731519138_3055618396883138141_n.jpg

Now, that's something to be irked by. I need to think about it more and I'd note that it's easy to slip into results orientated analysis in these situations. Probably Rodgers got a few things badly wrong at crucial junctures.

He needs to learn though, a squad and coaching staff mostly virgins at these types of scenarios.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,372 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

You're right. United fans have no idea what it's like to be involved in games that matter un May.....................oh wait

he didn't say they didn't.

well done on missing his point though.

bravo.

lol. I enjoy irony

Ah, the lovely BNMC is back to post an insightful "LOL" on my Visitor Messages page.

He's a character.

Knex. wrote: »
    Ah, the lovely BNMC is back to post an insightful "LOL" on my Visitor Messages page.

He's a character.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSPAxWCAB0uqCeXTJ5_sfb6GI6ocLUbeP0OxwyK16AqFL9lGFXc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,518 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Have read through the whole thread and have waited for someone to say this.
    Hendersons loss has been massive , Lucas isn't a patch on him
    If we had Jordan I'm convinced we would be champs by now
    No point dwelling though
    Top of the league and you never know

Ask your Ma to give me my boxers back.

Ah, yes.

By their posts shall ye know them.

Were you up all night thinking about that spontaneous retort?

Classy, Felix, really classy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭bennyl10

I will, i look forward to the UCL draw,.where liverpool.will be third seeds..
    And as liverpool have shown this year whava season with no europe can do, i look forward to challenging for a title next year

~~~~~~~~~~~
    Banter aside though, i do feel for Gerrard, probably.most deserving player to not win a medal, Id hate for Chelsea to be remembered as the moment that lost ye a title..

Cause theres been no.more deserving player of a medal..
    For that reason alone hope villa do ye a favour

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Chelsea can have Moses back anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

ye that was the real turning point in the season we dont have anyone similar to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Have read through the whole thread and have waited for someone to say this.
    Hendersons loss has been massive , Lucas isn't a patch on him
    If we had Jordan I'm convinced we would be champs by now
    No point dwelling though
    Top of the league and you never know

Yeah he might have spotted the banana skins at Gerrard's feet in the Chelsea game :pac:

5live wrote: »
    Ah, yes.

By their posts shall ye know them.

Were you up all night thinking about that spontaneous retort?

Classy, Felix, really classy.

Eh, 5live mate. Bit of a paradox there :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement