Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread Summer 2014 - Mod Warning post #6893

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭The Narrator

dixiefly wrote: »
    Are things really that bad for you that this is all you can think about.
    :D
    If it means that much to you you can PM me your email address and, when /if City win, I will get a screenshot or whatever and email it to you. It is a €200 City win and a €100 City win so whatever that nets me.

I find it hard to believe that you've got €50 to throw around, never mind €300..

Parents must have upped your pocket money a fair bit during the league run-in..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

10320600_10152394731519138_3055618396883138141_n.jpg

That's very cryptic. I wonder if he's referring to Carragher and his post match analysis, he (rightly) criticised Johnson a few times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Knex. wrote: »
    Eh, 5live mate. Bit of a paradox there :pac:

Eh, Knex mate. Thats the point;-)

Blatter wrote: »
    That's very cryptic. I wonder if he's referring to Carragher and his post match analysis, he (rightly) criticised Johnson a few times.

Johnson was shocking 2nd half.

He can't have any complaints about criticism

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,372 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Johnson deserves any criticism he gets.

he attacks seemingly with the hand break on, and he has no conviction in defence at all.

I can't wait for a new RB, or LB with Flanno moving over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Augmerson wrote: »
    Chelsea can have Moses back anyway.

Hopefully he gets lost on the road back down, alternatively Martinez can have him back.

I think if City blow this now, the internet will melt.

Boards will anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I feel for Suarez, clearly heartbroken. To be honest, I was hoping Rodgers would sub him instead of Danny. I think one of the reasons we didn't win tonight and failed to break down Chelsea is that Suarez is simply running on fumes at this stage. Have we given him a break since January?

I know defense is to blame, but Suarez missed a couple of chances tonight that he would normally put away with ease.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Hopefully he gets lost on the road back down, alternatively Martinez can have him back.

Ah he's class. Good for 20 goals. Have 'em back :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Agent Moses doing a job for Jose again tonight :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

All we need now is city to draw with a minus 9 goal difference against villa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Johnson was shocking 2nd half.

He can't have any complaints about criticism

Realistically, it was just the last 15 mins. Seemed dead on his feet as much as anything afterwards.

Lucas was caught flat footed far too often in that last period too, and really, the whole team just collapsed.

Don't think I can stomach watching it again and analysing it properly though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Gonna have a shower and pour a whole bottle of 'No more tears' into my eyes... Please let it work

I only had 'Wash and Go'. It didn't work. I'm lucky I'm not blind...

Agent Moses doing a job for Jose again tonight :P

Unless Pellegrinis first name is Jose...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Did I see a banner or a pic something today saying "This Must be the Place is a tune" or similar?

That game might have sent me over the edge.

Unless Pellegrinis first name is Jose...

Chelsea still going for 2nd

Chelsea still going for 2nd

2nd/3rd. All the same really tbf

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Here lads, remember at the start of the season when we thought we'd be lucky to scrape 4th-5th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

aaronh007 wrote: »
    I only had 'Wash and Go'. It didn't work. I'm lucky I'm not blind...

Your ready to go again Sunday so lol :D

• Advertisement

Did I see a banner or a pic something today saying "This Must be the Place is a tune" or similar?

That game might have sent me over the edge.

Dunno actually. I just really like the tune and am trying to gather my thoughts and sanity right now and Talking Heads are usually a good solid anchor in a storm.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

No wonder a lot of non LFC fans have a very low opinion of LFC fans, the carry on of some of them tonight is shocking

Being where we are, automatically qualified for the Champions League and still in with a small chance of outright winning the league going into the last day is unreal and is far exceeding of my preseason expectations. Rodgers has done this with a tiny squad and mostly with the same squad as last year that finished 7th (most of last summers signings have had little impact when you think about it, eg Moses, Albero, Aspas,). He has improved both the performances of the team and the tactical approach immensely since last year too. Jumping 5 places in the table is quite a feat and nothing is out of the question with next year. Sure City and Chelsea will strengthen and their managers will settle more etc., but LFC will also strengthen and they have one of the best managers in the League playing quality football and scoring non stop. Defensive reinforcements will help the cause too.

Sure we may have missed out this year but there's always next, all the negativity will get us nowhere. Lets be happy with what we have and look forward to enjoyable Tuesday and Wednesday nights next year :)

2nd/3rd. All the same really tbf

If you're not first,

Some billionaires hobby team are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Dunno actually. I just really like the tune and am trying to gather my thoughts and sanity right now and Talking Heads are usually a good solid anchor in a storm.

Amen to that.

marno21 wrote: »
    No wonder a lot of non LFC fans have a very low opinion of LFC fans, the carry on of some of them tonight is shocking

Being where we are, automatically qualified for the Champions League and still in with a small chance of outright winning the league going into the last day is unreal and is far exceeding of my preseason expectations. Rodgers has done this with a tiny squad and mostly with the same squad as last year that finished 7th (most of last summers signings have had little impact when you think about it, eg Moses, Albero, Aspas,). He has improved both the performances of the team and the tactical approach immensely since last year too. Jumping 5 places in the table is quite a feat and nothing is out of the question with next year. Sure City and Chelsea will strengthen and their managers will settle more etc., but LFC will also strengthen and they have one of the best managers in the League playing quality football and scoring non stop. Defensive reinforcements will help the cause too.

Sure we may have missed out this year but there's always next, all the negativity will get us nowhere. Lets be happy with what we have and look forward to enjoyable Tuesday and Wednesday nights next year :)

That attitude will get you nowhere :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

They do? Ah jaysus don't say that. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Sorry but if you want to improve then you have to be critical, it was schoolboy stuff tonight and that's not acceptable

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

That attitude will get you nowhere :pac:
    Well it's a better attitude than some of them have moaning on Twitter and sending (racist) abuse to players

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I'm in bits. I want to hang around for the end of the season and I'm on 2 yellows so I better not post anything.

Just sorta thinking out loud...sorry...I'm gutted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,578 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Absolutely gutted by tonight's outcome but once we let one in then I feared that we'd fold.

It's been a weakness all season, Norwich, West Brom , Swansea, City etc all came back at us.

I hope this hurt that the club is feeling now is turned into a steep learning curve for the club, players and manager.

Club need to back Rodgers with serious funds for quality 1st team players in the summer. Signing like Aspas, Moses and Alberto will destroy us next season.

Rodgers needs to be more flexible in his tactics. We can't be going ho all the time. Newcastle tried that in the 90's and won fúck all.
    Also teams will know how to play us next season and will stifle us so have to have more than one tactic and when in Europe away goals will kill us too so we have to concede less.

That said, we have had a great season and achieved way more than expected.
    I love watching Liverpool play again.
    Despite tonight being a major let down I comfort myself by thinking that Utd fans are probably crowing most tonight which shows we are more relevant now and they're not. Also they're not in the Champion's league any more and we have taken their place. I would have been in dreamland if I'd been told that at the start of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

In the summer get rid of Lucas and every defender bar skrtle. It needs to be fixed

• Advertisement

Flanagan to go to World Cup instead of Johnson? What ye think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭mightyreds

If villa win Wednesday i know I'm only hoping but there is some super threads here I will strike upon with fire and furious vengeance. Please villa do us 1 favour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

I'm in bits. I want to hang around for the end of the season and I'm on 2 yellows so I better not post anything.

I've no yellows. PM me your thoughts and I'll post for ya :pac:

tumblr_m4g4jwWL1H1rpcvuu.jpg

stewart-downing-wont-commit-to-villa.jpg

Andy-Carroll-007.jpg

1278926124-sam_allardyce_laughing_.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Top of the Table May 5th 2014 with one game to go !!!

:D Accentuate the positives , Negate the negatives :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I've no yellows. PM me your thoughts and I'll post for ya :pac:

If Villa win on Wed I'll eat me flute

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,526 ✭✭✭joe123

Top of the league on the 5th May and most of us are devestated tonight.

Its been an amazing season that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Was feeling same myself but got a fairly sobering phone call 20 minutes or so ago.

It's just a game lads, life goes on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,578 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

In the summer get rid of Lucas and every defender bar skrtle. It needs to be fixed

Instead of that as we should keep Flanagan, should we not appoint a defensive coach as I don't think we have one, but I'm open to correction on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I don't think Sakho did anything wrong tonight. Skrtel was just clueless for their third goal. He scored some great goals this year but he's always a liable to do something incredibly stupid. The biggest criticism I have with Sakho is how he is on the ball, for a defender that's not to bad.

• Advertisement

Was feeling same myself but got a fairly sobering phone call 20 minutes or so ago.

Everything okay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,349 ✭✭✭Ardent

I've had enough of Johnson. He's been so laboured in both defense and attack all season. Would love to get Coleman in instead.

Imo West Ham have the greater chance of an upset tbh. Villa are useless.

Big Sam would relish it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

I'm probably/definately clutching at straws here but I still think City will drop points, they'll have a lot of players on international duty over the summer players who somewhere in the back of their mind wont want to risk injuring themselves by throwing themselves into tackles this close to the WC . I just worry Rodgers wont be able to pick the players up after todays match to capitalise if it happens.

Best of luck with whatever it was.

10313777_10152394794019138_6787907695388402135_n.jpg

Saw this on the humour thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Everything okay?

Cousin had massive stroke.Shes 27 with 2 young kids (youngest is 2 months) Puts things in perspective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,349 ✭✭✭Ardent

I don't think Sakho did anything wrong tonight. Skrtel was just clueless for their third goal. He scored some great goals this year but he's always a liable to do something incredibly stupid. The biggest criticism I have with Sakho is how he is on the ball, for a defender that's not to bad.

Skrtel has been one of our best players this season. I can forgive him that one mistake (where was the midfield who were supposed to be protecting him?) as he has been immense for the most part.

Cousin had massive stroke.Shes 27 with 2 young kids (youngest is 2 months) Puts things in perspective.

Fuck, really sorry man. :(

• Advertisement

Ardent wrote: »
    Skrtel has been one of our best players this season. I can forgive him that one mistake (where was the midfield who were supposed to be protecting him?) as he has been immense for the most part.

That's the thing though, it's not just one mistake. It makes them a lot, he's been very fortunate he hasn't been punished for them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement