Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread Summer 2014 - Mod Warning post #6893

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,049 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

mike65 wrote: »
    I can't believe we're talking about a player biting someone twice in the space of 14 months!

Is this Liverpool's lot? To be dominated by the antics of one player, fearing what he might do next? Hoping that if he goes nuts he only does so while playing for Uruguay?

You take the good with the bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Frank Lee Midere

Suarez will probably leave England for certain now. It wouldn't have been pretty for him after his comments after sinking England, not with non liverpool fans and media, now it will be untenable. Even if not banned he's off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

DrumSteve wrote: »
    What if you bite their brain?

As somebody with no brain, i take offense to that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Turtyturd wrote: »
    As someone who has nearly died in the past I take offence at that.

As someone who's going to die in the future I take gre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭MacBizzle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

So the positives ... Nobody will want to buy the 'problem' so hopefully we have him for another year. A nice international break so more recovery time during our busy season.

The negatives... No. Ain't got any.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Just to bring the thread back on topic...

Happy birthday Luis Garcia, 36 years young today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

tomaussie wrote: »
    The negatives... No. Ain't got any.

He makes himself impossible to force a move. I reckon he's been calm the past season hoping to get out.

ush wrote: »
    He makes himself impossible to force a move. I reckon he's been calm the past season hoping to get out.

Why is it a negative that he can't force his way out? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

MacBizzle wrote: »
    Why is it a negative that he can't force his way out? :confused:

I reckon he can and he will. Barca and Real will then be looking to pick up a bargain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Suarez will probably leave England for certain now. It wouldn't have been pretty for him after his comments after sinking England, not with non liverpool fans and media, now it will be untenable. Even if not banned he's off.

In what way should I care that Luis' position with the media and non pool fans is "untenable"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭rwg

We still love you Luis

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

James Pearce - #LFC officials stunned by Suarez. They were determined to retain Suarez’s services prior to this & that remains the case.

Club and fans will stick by him anyway.

Player of the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

ush wrote: »
    I reckon he can and he will. Barca and Real will then be looking to pick up a bargain.

A bargain which they won't get. I don't see why the owners would sell Suarez at a bargain price over this when he could easily make them as much money by simply being in the team next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

mike65 wrote: »
    I can't believe we're talking about a player biting someone twice in the space of 14 months!

Is this Liverpool's lot? To be dominated by the antics of one player, fearing what he might do next? Hoping that if he goes nuts he only does so while playing for Uruguay?

How did it look on the radio Mike?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭RainMaker

I blame the referee!

"Marco Rodríguez is known as Chiqui Dracula in his native Mexico on account of his slicked-back hair and fondness for, shall we say, discipline."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭mosstin

mossey79 wrote: »
    very true, forgot about the handball. He just brings trouble on himself time an time again

That's right, imagine if.....if...he'd bitten that ball that time. The brute.

• Advertisement

It's okay guys, it was an accident after all :):D

http://www.thescore.ie/suarez-eye-bite-world-cup-1536416-Jun2014/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

If Suarez does end up going to Barca /Madrid then can we please buy Rodriguez with the majority of the money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Bowlardo wrote: »
    If Suarez does end up going to Barca /Madrid then can we please buy Rodriguez with the majority of the money.

He plays for Monaco.

So it'd probably take all of it to cover the loss in his earnings due to not having to pay tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Pulsating Star

Now, if we could only get ten more with his insatiable appetite for success, we would be made up.

I do feel sorry for him though, appears to be an instinctive overreaction of his which brings him more pain than any of the bitten.

I would imagine he wrecks his own head. If he does get to play next season he will be getting such a hard time from everyone Rodgers will have his work cut out getting 'last seasons Luis' back.
    Fingers crossed for him and us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

so if suarez is banned, will it be country only or club too?

kind of hard to defend this scumbag anymore. but hes our scumbag.

MarkY91 wrote: »

Just country, well maybe Eddie Rockets too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

Why the fck does Luis do this to himself? He is IMO among the top 6/7 players in the world and is potentially pissing his career away doing things like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,333 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

MarkY91 wrote: »

kind of hard to defend this scumbag anymore. but hes our scumbag.

FIFA can sanction a complete ban on him to include domestic. Whether they will is a different story

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Montroseee wrote: »
    Why the fck does Luis do this to himself? He is IMO among the top 6/7 players in the world and is potentially pissing his career away doing things like this.

The red mist goes up and he can't stop himself.

There is definate psychiatric problems there. I'm just surprised he hasn't gotten any help for it yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Suarez is fubar'd ... he can try talk himself out of it but on this evidence he will have to take any given punishment. Foolish individual .. Ive stood by him and defended him but he is going backwards after such a superb season

phdzcy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

namloc1980 wrote: »
    FIFA can sanction a complete ban on him to include domestic. Whether they will is a different story

The very least he will get, and deserve, is a hefty international ban. Cannot see him getting less than a 2 year international ban (which for him would mean missing around 20 games for his country)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Suarez should have just punched the bloke in the face, would have saved a lot of hassle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I wonder could Uruguay appeal a likely ban & Suarez could play in the next World Cup game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Suarez should have just punched the bloke in the face, would have saved a lot of hassle.

The whole biting thing is getting a bit old now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

If he'd have played the early part of last season Liverepool probably would have won the league, but still some Liverpool fans think he's only great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,700 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Who knows ? This latest chapter in the Suarez saga could end up blocking his own dream move. There was credible reports this morning that his buy out clause for Real and Barca was £80m and that at least one of them were willing to step up to the mark, probably with a player plus cash.

Now the £80m needed to trigger his release clause may no longer be achievable. Suarez spent the whole season working hard, scoring goals so he could be the master of his own destiny this summer. That all seems on the rocks right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

namloc1980 wrote: »

ah for god sake! he needs help. hes not right in the head. im very dissapointed in him after a full season of no incidents

Can I just say I can't believe this has ****ing happened...AGAIN!!!

It looks more like shoulder to mouth than mouth to shoulder - and Luis happened to have his mouth open at the same time which makes it looks worse than it is...

slap on the wrist and move on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

rwg wrote: »
    It looks more like shoulder to mouth than mouth to shoulder - and Luis happened to have his mouth open at the same time which makes it looks worse than it is...

Sounds fair Ted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

rwg wrote: »

Look again
    http://a.pomf.se/phdzcy.gif

• Advertisement

Yea, definitely shoulder to mouth, also at very high altitude Luis is gasping for breath so his mouth is open

If he'd have played the early part of last season Liverepool probably would have won the league, but still some Liverpool fans think he's only great.

We by all accounts had a very good start to season in his absence, him being there would have made no difference other than maybe buff up the goal difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Not sure its a bite in the traditional sense

Gold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

I don't think he'll piss his career away, he'll always get a game somewhere. Some club will always have him as a player. I get what you mean though, I think.

There will be fallout from this no doubt. The English press will have a field day, and football "experts" such as Shearer will tear into him. Shearer said something like Suarez should be hammered. He should be punished but only by being banned from playing for his country. This has nothing to do with club level.

BR should have a chat with him though, see where his head is at. Get him focussed on a new season with LFC. He's not unlike any of the other flawed football geniuses that have gone before him. Cantona was a right twat and did some crazy stuff, but he could play a bit too. Maradona was......well.....Maradona. He cheated in a World Cup didn't he?

Suarez was always going to be the villain once he got back to England. At least to non Liverpool fans anyway. But, LFC fans stick with their players so that is what we should do. Yeah, he's crazy but he is a crazy, goal-scoring machine. LFC should protect him from the wolves when he gets back from the
    World Cup. I think they will because he is one of ours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

The red mist goes up and he can't stop himself.

There is definate psychiatric problems there. I'm just surprised he hasn't gotten any help for it yet!

You can be sure that he has gotten help. But slip ups can occur and unfortunately this is a very publically played out problem.

I bet he's been doing this since a kid. It's only when he becomes a high profile professional that it becomes a huge issue.

He's a born winner, hugely involved and comitted to everything he does, and it appears he just can't handle his emotions.

He's a pretty close to the edge character as we can see from saying that he dreamt his two goals against England whilst in tears, and his breakdown at Crystal palace.

There's nothing wrong with that mind, it makes him what he is. But his immense comittment to the cause, leads him to completely lose control and revert back to very infantile displays of total frustration when he can't do what he wants to change a particular situation.

I'd say he had loads of therapy for it, especially with a coach like Rodgers at the helm and US owners. But this time he's slipped on the biggest stage of all, and it's a crying shame for a man of his talents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

I wonder how the sponsors will react this time to the Suarez "indecent"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,597 ✭✭✭brevity

That gif is not a pretty watch...he seems to lunge into him...cannot fathom why he would do this again.

delw wrote: »
    I wonder how the sponsors will react this time to the Suarez "indecent"

The racism incident with Evra would have had a bigger impact for sponsors than this imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

brevity wrote: »
    That gif is not a pretty watch...he seems to lunge into him...cannot fathom why he would do this again.

Leopards don't change their spots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Cost us the league too did he?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement