Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread Summer 2014 - Mod Warning post #6893

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

MacBizzle wrote: »
    The racism incident with Evra would have had a bigger impact for sponsors than this imo.

The cumulative effect of 3 bites over the years will absolutely have an impact. Especially with the 3rd happening on the biggest stage of all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

brevity wrote: »
    That gif is not a pretty watch...he seems to lunge into him...cannot fathom why he would do this again.

I don't get it either tbh, he handled plenty of high pressure games last season without any switch flipping. The Chelsea and Palace games in particular you would have thought were ripe for some bizarre outburst of behaviour.

This would have me curious now about how many sessions Luis could have been doing with the club psychologist (forget his name). Is it a coincidence that in the first significant period where he's been away from this guy that he's had a "relapse"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭MacBizzle

greendom wrote: »
    The cumulative effect of 3 bites over the years will absolutely have an impact. Especially with the 3rd happening on the biggest stage of all

Racism would be the biggest no-no by far imo, although I've no evidence to back that up :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,333 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

How embarrassing for Liverpool fans to even try to defend this. Dump this malcontent and move on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Racism would be the biggest no-no by far imo, although I've no evidence to back that up :p

yes that's the worst of the lot. Add it to the biting and he's hardly an advertiser's dream

• Advertisement

namloc1980 wrote: »
    How embarrassing for Liverpool fans to even try to defend this. Dump this malcontent and move on.

No thanks, he's a class player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

I think that's the last of Suarez this World Cup and probably a good 6 months of international games (which isn't many) but that will be it. I could even see fifa letting him away with less. Can't see any ban affecting him domestically.

He definitely needs more counselling because that is not normal behaviour for a grown adult. If he's still at Liverpool they will make sure he gets it, and make sure everyone knows he's getting it. They manage the media well usually, and in Rogers they have a very media savvy coach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

ffs, give over. The tiny minority who have tried to defend it have been laughed out by Liverpool fans.

What he did tonight shows he has absolutely no class whatsoever. If he was a United player, L'pool fans would be screeching from the rooftops.

What he did tonight shows he has absolutely no class whatsoever. If he was a United player, L'pool fans would be screeching from the rooftops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 449 ✭✭SeanJ09

Bill Shankly would turn in his grave if the club stood by this fool after that. Really think he should go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

If he'd have played the early part of last season Liverepool probably would have won the league, but still some Liverpool fans think he's only great.

That because if we'd sold him to Arsenal we'd have probably finished near mid-table in about 7th position or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

That because if we'd sold him to Arsenal we'd have probably finished near mid-table in about 7th position or so.

What?

Wouldn't blame them for doing it, like I don't blame United fans for doing it this time.

I want Liverpool to do well and play good football, after that I really couldn't care less. The fact everyone else hates him even more now makes me like him more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

SeanJ09 wrote: »
    Bill Shankly would turn in his grave if the club stood by this fool after that. Really think he should go.

Did Man Utd get rid of Cantona when he kung fooed that dude? No they didnt.

You really thing Liverpool FC will get rid of him?? What planet are you on??

Blondie919 wrote: »

Did Cantona do a crowd kung fu kick 3 times?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

But we're living in a different world now.

Ferguson stated years later that he wouldn't have gotten rid of Paul McGrath, but would have sought treatment for his alcoholism.

It's obvious now that Suarez has serious mental issues, so what does one do? Ignore it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

In fairness there are very few liverpool fans defending Suarez and rightly so but unfortunately we know we need him and his incredible ability is worth putting up with him

What?

Explaining why Liverpool fans think he's great.

Kung fu kicking a fan is so much more out of order than this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Who's defending it?

Why should I be embarrassed by the actions of a man I've never met personally, have no discernible relationship to, and is currently thousands of miles away?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭35cent

As long as he keeps banging away goals for Liverpool, I can tolerate his outbursts. I imaging that's how the higher-ups at Liverpool think as well.

You can't compare Cantona to Suarez.

Suarez's celebration and comments after the England win were just plain weird. The guy has serious issues.

Cantona flipped that time and deserved to be banned. Suarez, biting three different players, is just weird and fúcked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Everyone deserves a second chance.
    First incident was the racism.
    Second was biting ivanovic.
    Now this debacle.

He's an amazing player, and a committed family man, I admire those traits.
    But he's got a serious issue with discipline And self control.
    Its shameful now at this stage. Only the shameless can accept his behaviour.

Knex. wrote: »
    Who's defending it?

Why should I be embarrassed by the actions of a man I've never met personally, have no discernible relationship to, and is currently thousands of miles away?

But if he scores a goal against Sunderland he's a legend right (a team you've never met, have no discernible relationship with and is currently hundreds of miles away)?

Blondie919 wrote: »

Planet Earth, where the continuous biting of opposition players is considered distasteful.

My poor Luis :(

All joking aside; I genuinely feel sorry for him, it is blatantly obvious he has some severe mental health issues.

35cent wrote: »
    As long as he keeps banging away goals for Liverpool, I can tolerate his outbursts. I imaging that's how the higher-ups at Liverpool think as well.

I doubt they would. From a business point of view he's a total liability.

I can well imagine that if Liverpool released Suarez tomorrow that United, Arsenal fans et all would be disgusted if there club got involved in trying to sign him.

:pac:

• Advertisement

Suarez bit one player while playing for Liverpool, another guy once as a Uruguay player and once as an Ajax player. So, he should not play for Liverpool again because of something he did in his past, and for something he did while playing for his country and for something he has already been punished for while playing for his club??

I'm not saying it's ok to bite someone but I'm sure as hell not saying we should get rid of him because of it. Sure that's just mental!!

But if he scores a goal against Sunderland he's a legend right (a team you've never met, have no discernible relationship with and is currently hundreds of miles away)?

If we take this attitude to cross channel football no one would follow it.

I (and many others here, for similar reasons) follow Liverpool for no real reason except my dad did and now I have an emotional attachment to them, to be honest it's nothing more than that. Gives me something to do on Sunday afternoons from August-May. Couldn't give a toss about the "values" of the club tbh, as long as they play good football I'm happy.

Sure. It'll make me happy. Football is tribal and nonsensical at best. I've said it often enough here in the past.

Why do we cheer the vast majority of players? Most of them aren't exactly role models, although I bloody hate that term.

You make a nice point, but it does little to discredit my argument.

(Side note, anyone who says a footballer is their role model needs their head examined)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

35cent wrote: »

100%. It happened at the WC, nothing to do with the EPL. Rival fans would love if we shipped him out but it's not going to happen. Suarez is a machine. His improvement at the level of EPL has been unreal since he joined. Now he has CL to look forward to.

As much as rival fans want to paint him as a rapist, murderer and brigand Suarez is in the top 5% of players in the world. Unless LFC see a bid too good to refuse they'll stick with him. Cantona attacked a fan in the crowds ffs and Man U fans loved him for it, what Suarez did was wrong but he'll still bang them away as long as we have him. Whatever happens at the WC stays at the WC or international level.

Did anyone read the match report on the liverpool site hilarious stuff mentioned Suarez highlights in play and the winning goal and not a mention of the biting incident. Communist reporting at its best

Did anyone read the match report on the liverpool site hilarious stuff mentioned Suarez highlights in play and the winning goal and not a mention of the biting incident. Communist reporting at its best

Christ, ever watch LFC TV? North Korea could learn something from it.

• Advertisement

He's obviously not the brightest spark either. He bites a player, dives and then holds his teeth. Oh dear me Luis!

97s2sk.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

I can well imagine that if Liverpool released Suarez tomorrow that United, Arsenal fans et all would be disgusted if there club got involved in trying to sign him.

Genuinely, id rather admire his goals from afar. La liga or serie a.
    I think he's beyond rehabilitation in terms of his on field antics.I'd imagine at this point wenger feels the same.

But his ability is beyond question.

If Luis Suarez stays at the club, it will be because Luis Suarez > Liverpool FC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,597 ✭✭✭brevity

I haven't seen anyone defend his behaviour. I've seen some make the point that if it was a very dangerous tackle, a two footed lunch, would there be as much uproar? More a focus on the double standards of the situation. And the end of the day Chellini walked off the pitch...he'll be grand.

This is his 3rd time doing this an I believe he'll get an adequate punishment as FIFA like to be seen to be doing something. The fact they won't investigate the rampant corruption or what's going on in Qatar says a lot about their priorities to me.

Augmerson wrote: »
    100%. It happened at the WC, nothing to do with the EPL. Rival fans would live if we shipped him out but it's not going to happen. Suarez is a machine. His improvement at the level of EPL has been unreal since he joined. Now he has CL to look forward to.

As much as rival fans want to paint him as a rapist, murderer and brigand Suarez is in the top 5% of players in the world. Unless LFC see a bid too good to refuse they'll stick with him. Cantona attacked a fan in the crowds ffs and Man U fans loved him for it, what Suarez did was wrong but he'll still bang them away as long as we have him. Whatever happens at the WC stays at the WC or international level.

Suarez is in the top .001% of players in the world, we will never manage to get a player of the same quality in the next 10 years imo.

• Advertisement

He's obviously not the brightest spark either. He bites a player and then dives and hold his teeth. Oh dear me Luis!

See, that proves it was accidental!

You'd think by the third time he'd have perfected it. Although, once again he wasn't even booked!

I haven't seen anyone defend his behaviour. I've seen some make the point that if it was a very dangerous tackle, a two footed lunch, would there be as much uproar? More a focus on the double standards of the situation. And the end of the day Chellini walked off the pitch...he'll be grand.

This is his 3rd time doing this an I believe he'll get an adequate punishment as FIFA like to be seen to be doing something. The fact they won't investigate the rampant corruption or what's going on in Qatar says a lot about their priorities to me.

Honestly, the only rehabilitation Liverpool should do with Suarez is teaching him to kick, punch or use his elbow in future when he snaps. If he can be trained to do that then we'll be grand.

Also the people who are calling for Suarez ban to be worldwide I don't remember you being aggrieved when he was allowed play for Uruguay while suspended for liverpool

The point about a two footed tackle is taken but biting another human being is very primordial. When it happens on the pitch it's beyond defensible. Disturbing behaviour.

Honestly, the only rehabilitation Liverpool should do with Suarez is teaching him to kick, punch or use his elbow in future when he snaps. If he can be trained to do that then we'll be grand.

Or teach him to kung fu kick opposition fans.

Just dawned on me that I'm going to have to talk to the work colleagues about Suarez tomorrow.

I bloody hate talking to those numbwits about football.

Might just tell them that Luis actually struggled with a condition as a kid whereby his teeth were attracted to bone. This inevitably led him to some awkward situations, which not only explains his inner anger, but also his outwardly jutting teeth.

Its clear now that he has lapses every now again, or re-ocurrances rather, and so we should all start a support campaign in light of his poignant and valiant struggle with this terrible condition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Y2KBOS86

If Luis Suarez stays at the club, it will be because Luis Suarez > Liverpool FC.

Arsenal fan here, would love to take Suarez off ye.

Only Messi and Ronaldo are better than Suarez at the moment.

Also the people who are calling for Suarez ban to be worldwide I don't remember you being aggrieved when he was allowed play for Uruguay while suspended for liverpool

Mmmmm the FA don't have that power

Knex. wrote: »
    Its clear now that he has lapses every now again, or re-ocurrances rather, and so we should all start a support campaign in light of his poignant and valiant struggle with this terrible condition.

Will we get Kenny to sort out the t-shirts so? :pac:

Looking back on that whole period is sooooo cringe

Y2KBOS86 wrote: »
    Arsenal fan here, would love to take Suarez off ye.

Only Messi and Ronaldo are better than Suarez at the moment.

Ah come on. Suarez is in a league of his own in the Walking Dead impersonations

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement