Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread Summer 2014 - Mod Warning post #6893

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I dunno...is there much point to all this outrage? I mean, he's done it twice before, can this have changed anyones opinion of him? I feel exactly the same about him as I did yesterday - that he's a terrific player, but an absolute fucking nutcase.

I won't be naming him as any future child's godfather or anything, but if he keeps scoring goals, the Liverpool fan part of me will be happy out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

SeanJ09 wrote: »
    Bill Shankly would turn in his grave if the club stood by this fool after that. Really think he should go.

rabble rabble
    Kess73 wrote: »
    The very least he will get, and deserve, is a hefty international ban. Cannot see him getting less than a 2 year international ban (which for him would mean missing around 20 games for his country)

The longest ban in World Cup history was eight games for Italy's Mauro Tassotti for breaking Spain's Luis Enrique's nose in 1994 with an elbow - off the ball. Enricky lost a pint of blood.

delw wrote: »
    I wonder how the sponsors will react this time to the Suarez "indecent"

Photoshop a donut in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

I'm a neutral when it comes to soccer and was shouting for Liverpool this season. The pool played the most exciting football and every neutral was hoping they'd win the league. Suarez proved he was world class player!

I just don't think Liverpool fans realise how big a global story this is and the repercussions it will have. Biting a player twice is totally unacceptable, doing it for third time on the world stage demands serious action.

It wouldn't surprise me if he got a 12 month ban from all football, domestic league and international. He probably deserves more as he clearly isn't getting the message.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    I dunno...is there much point to all this outrage? I mean, he's done it twice before, can this have changed anyones opinion of him? I feel exactly the same about him as I did yesterday - that he's a terrific player, but an absolute fucking nutcase.

I won't be naming him as any future child's godfather or anything, but if he keeps scoring goals, the Liverpool fan part of me will be happy out.

Ah, you put my thoughts into words in a way I quite hadn't managed to decipher yet.

However, we've been informed that we need to either sell Suarez, or crucify him, but I believe I may have found the way forward.

If someone could get the petition rolling for this it would be much appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Bill Shankly would turn in his grave if the club stood by this fool after that. Really think he should go.

Really?
    If Luis Suarez stays at the club, it will be because Luis Suarez > Liverpool FC.

Really?

I thought Shankly was in a cloud nowadays, anyway.

'How am I doing, boss?'

You'll never walk alone Louis Suarez! lol by this thread.

And it was a club that I actually respected.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I just don't think Liverpool fans realise how big a global story this is and the repercussions it will have. Biting a player twice is totally unacceptable, doing it for third time on the world stage demands serious action.

We do, and it'll be two weeks at most. He'll get a slap on the wrist like a big fine or miss the rest of the WC. He won't be excluded from domestic games as its not within FIFA's power to make that call. That is up to the FA.

Well that was your first mistake. State of us, like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Augmerson wrote: »
    We do, and it'll be two weeks at most. He'll get a slap on the wrist like a big fine or miss the rest of the WC. He won't be excluded from domestic games as its not within FIFA's power to make that call. That is up to the FA.

As the governing body FIFA can sanction a worldwide ban. Unlikely to do do though.

Has our indifference and lack of action while sitting at home on our collective arses caused you to think less of us?

Ahh no. :(

Then again, we are the worst in the world.

And you think he should be left on the field of play without mental treatment?

What about the opposition players safety?

It's obvious now Suarez is unwell.

It was obvious this time last year as well.

Didn't stop you edging away from neutrality and enjoying watching him and Liverpool, did it?

And safety? C'mon, the biggest concern to your safety that Suarez poses is that you might need a tetanus injection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Honestly, the only rehabilitation Liverpool should do with Suarez is teaching him to kick, punch or use his elbow in future when he snaps. If he can be trained to do that then we'll be grand.

Point well made. I was trying to think of a way to say how people making biting out to be way worse than some of the stuff that happens, you put it very well. Still, his reputation is now ruined again, and this could well mean no dream move so he'll pay that way as well as a ban.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

In a strange way this could end up working in Liverpool's benefit. Correct me if I'm wrong but don't FIFA only have the power to ban players from international matches while the FA have no jurisdiction over what happens in internationals.

This leaves Liverpool with Suarez locked into a contract and Suarez unavailable for international selection in a similar manner to high profile ANZAC rugby players playing the club game in Europe.

He won't be popular by any stretch of the imagination but this could well end up working in Liverpool's favour.

• Advertisement

K-9 wrote: »
    Point well made. I was trying to think of a way to say how people making biting out to be way worse than some of the stuff that happens, you put it very well. Still, his reputation is now ruined again, and this could well mean no dream move so he'll pay that way as well as a ban.

Honestly how do you reckon biting isn't worse. It's primordial. Horrific behaviour.

P_1 wrote: »
    In a strange way this could end up working in Liverpool's benefit. Correct me if I'm wrong but don't FIFA only have the power to ban players from international matches while the FA have no jurisdiction over what happens in internationals.

This leaves Liverpool with Suarez locked into a contract and Suarez unavailable for international selection in a similar manner to high profile ANZAC rugby players playing the club game in Europe.

He won't be popular by any stretch of the imagination but this could well end up working in Liverpool's favour.

FIFA can sanction a worldwide ban on him.

Knex. wrote: »
    Has our indifference and lack of action while sitting at home on our collective arses caused you to think less of us?

Ahh no. :(

Then again, we are the worst in the world.

I just don't think ye get it Knex, that Suarez has seriously mental issues.

The discussions are all about will he stay, €100m for him etc... "We'll win the league now as no club will want him" etc, etc.

Think Ian Wright got it right (no pun intended) that he needs help.

P_1 wrote: »

Suarez has always fed off that negative energy. He knows how the English media feel about him. He got the head down last season and look what happened. We stormed into the top 4.

Sure ya, only logical solution in that case is to lock him away really. Can't have such a character out in the general public. He can join Keane, Materazzi, Zidane, Stuart Pierce, Cantona, and Vinnie Jones etc in the "Psychotic Footballers" wing.
    I just don't think ye get it Knex, that Suarez has seriously mental issues.

The discussions are all about will he stay, €100m for him etc... "We'll win the league now as no club will want him" etc, etc.

Think Ian Wright got it right (no pun intended) that he needs help.

I've no doubt he'll have therapy. And life will move on without any great gnashing of teeth (heh).

• Advertisement

namloc1980 wrote: »

No they can't.

Show me a precedent that they ever have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Can they for an in match incident though? I know they have that power for doping and the like but I always thought that there's a kind of Chinese Wall between international and club match incidents.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Don't know about you guys, but I still blame that sap, Turdy for all of this.

Y'see that's the type of thing people should be getting angry about. I hope to christ people see the vast difference between that case and this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,066 ✭✭✭Christy42

I am curious as to what is going through Suarez's head. This isn't the most efficient way to hurt someone so why bother? Should Fifa ban him, they should have done so a year ago. Should Liverpool play him? If they can, he is an incredible player. It is up to Fifa to step in here, not Liverpool, any issues you have with Suarez you have with the game itself until they show it is not acceptable.

Sure ya, only logical solution in that case is to lock him away really. Can't have such a character out in the general public. He can join Keane, Materazzi, Zidane, Stuart Pierce, Cantona, and Vinnie Jones etc in the "Psychotic Footballers" wing.

Even you know that the consistent biting is deranged behavior. Why did you feel it was necessary to compare it to the hard men of football?

Have a look at this... He doesn't get a proper bite first time round, but gets nicely in second time. Fúked up shít!

phdzcy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭MacBizzle

Match-fixing and doping are a far cry from violent conduct, which is all this incident was.

Cheating and deception vs. going psycho in a moment of madness.

Match fixing.

Try harder.

You said fifa couldn't make world wide bans and they clearly can.you try harder.

• Advertisement

You said fifa couldn't make world wide bans and they clearly can.you try harder.

Have they ever done it for violent conduct?

Even you know that the consistent biting is deranged behavior. Why did you feel it was necessary to compare it to the hard men of football?

Have a look at this... He doesn't get a proper bite first time round, but gets nicely in second time. Fúked up shít!

I was more going for people who actively went out to hurt people on occasion. They did it more violently than Suarez, but less weirdly.

Vinne Jones squeezing Gazza's nuts - Matarazzi spending a career stomping his foot around or even above the knee, Keane actively going out to hurt Haaland - think that was the only time? It's not a rarity - it's just usually less abstract and absurdly done.

Frankly imo he's not a patch on Joey Barton or Marlon King in the "danger to society" stakes, who both played many's a match despite being actual violent criminals.

Yup, definitely needs some counseling, but the way you're portraying it is laughable.

MacBizzle wrote: »
    Have they ever done it for violent conduct?

Mauro Tassotti

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I was looking forward to seeing all the English press talk about Hodgson and their terrible World Cup. But alas, Suarez had to steal all the attention, selfish fecker!

Mauro Tassotti

He got an eight match ban from international matches.

Seems like a fair enough punishment tbh

Mauro Tassotti

Was that not international only? There seems to be an assumption that Fifa can cover both, but barring match fixing and doping there doesn't seem to be any. I know some want their pound of flesh! But I don't see a reason to change precedent.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

He got an eight match ban from international matches.

Seems like a fair enough punishment tbh

It's consistent but not necessarily fair.

Given what the laws of the game are regarding Violent Conduct I'd expect 6-10 games but 1 year would be completely reasonable.

It's mad when you think about a sport like Rugby mostly having 5-20 week bans for something like gouging, which as far as I'm concerned ought to be more like a lifetime ban.

Sports are a bit all over the place in how they deal with these things.
    They go ape**** over testing positive for recreational drugs but break someones legs and you'll get a stern talking to.

I'd love a bit of standardisation.

Clearly you can't make the distinction in these cases.

I was more going for people who actively went out to hurt people on occasion. They did it more violently than Suarez, but less weirdly.

Vinne Jones squeezing Gazza's nuts - Matarazzi spending a career stomping his foot around or even above the knee, Keane actively going out to hurt Haaland - think that was the only time? It's not a rarity - it's just usually less abstract and absurdly done.

Yup, definitely needs some counseling, but the way you're portraying it is laughable.

Vinne Jones should have been banned very early in his career, filthy player.

Keane was never a dirty player, only that one time. He justified it by what Haaland said to him while Keane was lying down seriously injured. I wouldn't agree on Keane's actions, but at least there was a reason. It was a discussing tackle by Keane and he should have a got a six month ban from all football activity IMO.

Luis Suarez on the other hand comes across as if he's got serious mental imbalance issues, but no Liverpool supporter on this thread seems to acknowledge this. It's all about the league next season(will he stay etc.) or how much money they will get for him.

I always thought the mantra was - "You'll never walk alone"? Guess it isn't.

• Advertisement

Vinne Jones should have been banned very early in his career, filthy player.

Keane was never a dirty player, only that one time. He justified it by what Haaland said to him while Keane was lying down seriously injured. I wouldn't agree on Keane's actions, but at least there was a reason. It was a discussing tackle by Keane and he should have a got a six month ban from all football activity IMO.

Luis Suarez on the other hand comes across as if he's got serious mental imbalance issues, but no Liverpool supporter on this thread seems to acknowledge this. It's all about the league next season(will he stay etc.) or how much money they will get for him.

I always thought the mantra was - "You'll never walk alone"? Guess it isn't.

Ah now, loads have acknowledged mental issues, as we did last time. There's no need to make stuff up!

. Keane was never a dirty player, only that one time.

That's news to me......

Ah now, loads have acknowledged mental issues, as we did last time. There's no need to make stuff up!

Exactly - nobody is avoiding that. He's clearly nuts, and will doubtless receive counseling.

Less of the righteous hyperbole needed out of a lot of people.

I'm hardly making stuff up. :) Read the thread again. The defense for Suarez's actions is bordering on the ridiculous. He should be banned from all football activity for a minimum of three years imo.
    That's news to me......

When was Keane ever a dirty player?

Exactly - nobody is avoiding that. He's clearly nuts, and will doubtless receive counseling.

Less of the righteous hyperbole needed out of a lot of people.

Exactly, it's in our interest he gets help and stops this. It's interesting, he's cut out a lot of his antics, even before the last bite, and improved last season. It seems to be innate and tied with his incredible will to win which seems obsessional.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Well, you lot made someone lose their respect for the club. I hope you're happy, I hope you're f*cking happy.

• Advertisement

I'm hardly making stuff up. :) Read the thread again. The defense for Suarez's actions is bordering on the ridiculous. He should be banned from all football activity for a minimum of three years imo.

When was Keane ever a dirty player?

If you aren't a regular here some of the more humourous posts might be taken seriously!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Can you please quote this "defense" of Suarez's actions? if not can you please stop posting drivel.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Bray Header

I wonder if Steve Peters has been onto Suarez? How does that stand from a conflict of interest perspective? I guess with England out it doesn't factor.

Sitting here drinking beers with a friend of mine who studied psychology, she's now a teacher. She thinks that he's always been the way he is, will continue to be the way he is, and in the future will be the way he is.

Interesting to note that for the past year he seemed under control whilst under the constant care and supervision of LFC.

He tailed off towards the end of the season; maybe subliminally he was getting himself geared up, has a weakness, and just can't stop biting people.

I honestly can't figure this out. But beer will help. As my good friend on Fast n'Loud says, Blood, Sweat and Beers!

Can you please quote this "defense" of Suarez's actions? if not can you please stop posting drivel.

eh? have you read the thread?

Seems to me loads of posters here don't care that he's actually bitten a fellow player - they're just worried about where he'll been playing next season or if his value has dropped.
    Agueroooo wrote: »
    am I wrong in thinking this will help have him around until he sees out his contract?

I'm also thinking the harsher the ban from FIFA then the better for Liverpool?

anyone wanting him banned or removed
    from the Liverpool side needs to give their head a good fûcking wobble.
    tok9 wrote: »
    Haven't read back over the last few pages but I'm going to assume I'm not the only Liverpool fan thinking this is a pretty good scenario.

I wouldn't be anticipating too many bids coming in and best case scenario is Suarez gets a substantial international ban. All great news for Liverpool

Obviously I'm not defending him, what he did was just as shocking and stupid as the other two times.. but I want him in our team and he won't be getting banned for Liverpool.
    His value could well plummet to below what his release clause is now. That's probably good overall for Pool. He is more likely to stay another season.
    Gbear wrote: »
    Personally, I find considered and conscious immoral behaviour worse than unconcious lunacy.

Learning that Suarez cheated on his wife or something like that would affect my opinion of him far more than these outbursts of his.
    Mr Alan wrote: »
    LOL at anyone suggesting we should get rid :rolleyes:
    rarnes1 wrote: »
    LFC fans were queuing up to say the same last season. I'm sure they had a tough time cheering on his goals, must have been a killer.

You won't get me condoning a player biting someone but I don't care what he did once he does the business for us.

Give me a Suarez with his mad traits over any players in the team
    rarnes1 wrote: »
    Nonsense.

He was a "liability" last season and knocked in over 30 league goals
    DrumSteve wrote: »
    To be perfectly honest, I couldnt give a **** what he does on the pitch once hes banging in the goals.

And any opposing fans can **** off too telling us how we should react to this... "Oh Liverpool should turf him out!"

**** right off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Really can't believe he's done it again, thankfully im not home in Ireland for this, I would be given some abuse for it, so many ways this could pan out now, what an ejit

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement