Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread Summer 2014 - Mod Warning post #6893

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Turtyturd wrote: »
    With the same "football" fans contributing to all of them.

Aye

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭IK09

I dunno what everyone is on about. Outraged this, disgraceful that, its Suarez. We all know who he is, we all know what he is.

Anyone who is surprised by his behavior needs to:

(a) Watch more football
    or
    (b) Go post somewhere else

I honestly find it very hard to believe that people are surprised that he bit someone....again. If you feel so strongly about it, dont watch games with him playing.

LFC Fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

the maddest thing of all is..how many games he has been/will be suspended for vs the number of red cards he has ever received.

He has 2 reds in his professional career I think (1 with Uruguay the other with Groningen)...yet has missed 26 matches for offences where he didn't get a red card!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

'Cannot be trusted.'

'Has to go for the good of Liverpool FC.'

'How long before he gets a 2 year ban.'

This stuff is hilarious.

These are the same people who no doubt said the same after the Chelsea incident but were his most vocal supporter as he nearly guided us to the title.

I see this one way and one way only. I don't condone what he has done, it was a terrible act and the fact he has repeated it in such proximity to the original one against Chelsea is a big worry. But in no way do I think the club should get rid of him because of this. Who cared about the image of the club when we were knocking around in 7th place, no hope in sight.

We must work hard to resolve whatever issues drive him to do this. But he is a Liverpool player and it is something as a club we must resolve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Has Suarez ever been banned from playign for Uruguay for an incident commited during a club game?

If Fifa ban him from club competitions, could it have legal ramafications? I mean, Liverpool are in no way at fault for this, but a club-sanctioned punishment could impact them financially at the very least.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

Liverpool fans never take responsibilty for anything, do they? Not too long ago ye were blaming anyone and everyone but your own fans in the Heysel thread. I hope ye do keep Suarez, and in another six to twelve months he'll do the same thing again in a Liverpool jersey. Another ten plus match ban. He's a loose cannon, and his club and country let him away with it. Why would he change so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Any news on sanchez ? Heard thompson said something about him earlier on newstalk ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Has Suarez ever been banned from playign for Uruguay for an incident commited during a club game?

If Fifa ban him from club competitions, could it have legal ramafications? I mean, Liverpool are in no way at fault for this, but a club-sanctioned punishment could impact them financially at the very least.

IF that were to happen then the only place they could go would be to Suarez himself.

FIFA are exempt from that, Liverpool could appeal the severity and take it all the way to the CAS, but ultimately if they failed the only way to recoup lost earnings/income is from the player for possible breach of contract.

The Mutu/Chelsea case is an example of this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

dan719 wrote: »
    Liverpool fans never take responsibilty for anything, do they? Not too long ago ye were blaming anyone and everyone but your own fans in the Heysel thread. I hope ye do keep Suarez, and in another six to twelve months he'll do the same thing again in a Liverpool jersey. Another ten plus match ban. He's a loose cannon, and his club and country let him away with it. Why would he change so?

It's all my fault...cheers Dan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Troll! Trooollll in the dungeon!!

Why would fans of a club team take responsiblity for something a player does while with his international side?

Ok, I admit it, IT'S ALL MY FAULT!!!

:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Don't you know, we are the worst club in the world and worst fans too.

I hope we haven't lost your respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

You must be sickened he didn't wait for the season to start for this to happen!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

What a nasty,nasty cnut of a comment. Bitter much...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Shouldn't bother but that's lies about Heysel. Needs pointing out. And yep, some fans want him out. No doubt that will be forgotten too.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Welcome to the thread Dan.

Please feel free to pop in on a daily basis in order to provide us plebian riff raff with some strong moral guidance. We can start off with 'Taking Responsibility 101', and work our way up from there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

on a lighter note I hear Tommo claimed on newstalk earlier that the sanchez deal to liverpool is done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

John W hears the news

Bq8lTlXIIAEN1xB.jpg:large

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Possibly, but the difference here is that he's done this in an international game so they'd find it hard to be able to justify fining him, I'd say. But he clearly needs therapy. He's a raving lunatic!
    And you can judge that because....?

I assume you have suitable qualifications to justify making that comment?

Get a grip, people.

No one died.

Does he need professional help? Undoubtedly.

Will throwing him out of the club help him? No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

A bitter idiot Manc, no doubt. There isnt a part of this post that isnt utter rubbish. You should go for a walk and stop embarrassing yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭RainMaker

Interesting reaction from Evander Holyfield!

https://twitter.com/holyfield/status/481507319595823104

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Mod Post: Could posters stop reacting to dan719's post please. That post has been dealt with and it is pointless to earn yellow cards for something that has been actioned by a mod.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,371 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

complete and utter lolz at anyone who thinks we should be getting rid of Suarez.

the game has gone past any notions of having a moral compass. just look at those in charge of the game FFS. there is no room for anyone to suggest us getting rid on the argument of morality. there is no morality in the game.

Liverpool have handled the mentalist perfectly over the last season. there were no incidents even in the same ball park as this, even when we were losing against Chelsea, and we fúcked up against Palace.

the only problem we will have is if he's banned from domestic and European football as a result of this. at that point, there are decisions to be made. if he's free to play, meh, he didn't do it on our watch.

he's a psycho, but as long as those tendencies are repressed while in a Liverpool shirt, then he can do whatever the fúck he likes in a Uruguay shirt as far as I'm concerned. he's not going to lose Liverpool revenue. he's not going to stop people from coming to Liverpool games - if anything there'll be more interest than ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

'Cannot be trusted.'

'Has to go for the good of Liverpool FC.'

'How long before he gets a 2 year ban.'

This stuff is hilarious.

I said it's getting difficult to trust him and I stand by that. What happens if he does it again in an LFC jersey (and given that this is his 3rd offence where the punishment has gotten heavier each time there's no reason to think he won't)? It won't be a 10 game ban, it'll much more than that, I guarantee it.
    Suarez is no different to Rooney or Roy Keane. He snaps and does something violent. He just happens to resort to biting people instead of stamping, kicking or elbowing. The difference is probably that he just grew up in an environment that made biting as acceptable as punching etc.

The difference is that the ante has been upped each time he's been punished. If he does it again or something else equally insane in an LFC jersey, it's going to be a very severe situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

ricero wrote: »
    Any news on sanchez ? Heard thompson said something about him earlier on newstalk ?

Was wondering the same myself. Any update?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

As a Uruguayan myself, I'm grand with this...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

mike65 wrote: »
    John W hears the news

Bq8lTlXIIAEN1xB.jpg:large

Are they Linda's gloves?!! (Or hands!!!?) :eek:

ricero wrote: »
    Specialun wrote: »
    on a lighter note I hear Tommo claimed on newstalk earlier that the sanchez deal to liverpool is done
    gafferino wrote: »
    Was wondering the same myself. Any update?

Look up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Grayditch wrote: »

We all know.. it's your accent that gives it away.

Look up :)

Cheers Mike I had seen that but wanted to see was anyone else was reporting it. Sanchez to Liverpool would be massive.

gafferino wrote: »
    Cheers Mike I had seen that but wanted to see was anyone else was reporting it. Sanchez to Liverpool would be massive.

Well its on twitter :o I'm going to listen back to what Tommo actually said.

Actually its not as firm as I'd have hoped....its "I heard from some contacts in the media who are very close to Liverpool" stuff. Not first hand.

http://newstalk.ie/player/listen_back/5/10851/25th_June_2014_-_Breakfast_Part_3 28 minutes in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Augmerson wrote: »
    Don't you know, we are the worst club in the world and worst fans too.

I hope we haven't lost your respect.

On this basis I think we thoroughly deserve to be lumbered with Suarez. He's such a villan I wouldn't wish him on my worst enemies in the world.

In more exciting news I think this thread is nearly done. Isn't it 10,000 posts? Everyone get ready to yell FIRST in the new one :)

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

is there a way to put a mini poll together just for LFC supporters as to what they would like next for Suarez?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

gimli2112 wrote: »
    On this basis I think we thoroughly deserve to be lumbered with Suarez. He's such a villan I wouldn't wish him on my worst enemies in the world.

Such altruism. Can't be a real Liverpool fan then!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭Sappy404

gimli2112 wrote: »

In more exciting news I think this thread is nearly done. Isn't it 10,000 posts? Everyone get ready to yell FIRST in the new one :)

Absolutely. Punish the club by banning them from selling such a liability of a man.

Grayditch wrote: »

One of my best mates is Uruguayan and he was going mental saying it was all BS the world is out to get Suarez. He believed it too!

I personally would still prefer to have suarez on my team then not but his put BR and the club in a fooked up situation. Him alone playing at the top of his game is probably enough to get a top 4 position..Which in reality is what sponsers/club want..but then is he ruining the brand while doing so..does the potential damage outweigh the benefits..Its fooked up and I for one dont know which way the club are swaying

Ruining the brand?

Yes..Are you aware that liverpool FC is not just a football club? Im pretty sure its a business..Thus the aim is to make money

I personally would still prefer to have suarez on my team then not but his put BR and the club in a fooked up situation. Him alone playing at the top of his game is probably enough to get a top 4 position..Which in reality is what sponsers/club want..but then is he ruining the brand while doing so..does the potential damage outweigh the benefits..Its fooked up and I for one dont know which way the club are swaying

He's ruined his own brand. Not Liverpool's. Not this time anyway.

Looking at it another way, the man is pure theatre, and in more ways than one. It's a shame that the club's TV rights money isn't weighted by audience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

LvdAX6W.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,712 ✭✭✭Speak Now

FIFA had no issue with him playing Confederations cup last summer in the middle of his club ban so it'll be interesting now the shoe is on the other foot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Well its on twitter :o I'm going to listen back to what Tommo actually said.

Actually its not as firm as I'd have hoped....its "I heard from some contacts in the media who are very close to Liverpool" stuff. Not first hand.

http://newstalk.ie/player/listen_back/5/10851/25th_June_2014_-_Breakfast_Part_3 28 minutes in.

Yeah definitely misleading headlines from the news sites on this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Can see a lengthy ban if you did this three times on the street you could be looking at a jail sentence
    Leaves liverpool in a tricky position how long can we keep sticking by him
    Unfortunately we are half a team withouth him

Yes..Are you aware that liverpool FC is not just a football club? Im pretty sure its a business..Thus the aim is to make money

Fans pay too much attention to that stuff.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Looks like Alberto is going out on loan to Malaga for a year. Not bad for him and us.

• Advertisement

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Looks like Alberto is going out on loan to Malaga for a year. Not bad for him and us.

If it's a €1m fee and his wages paid as rumoured, it's a brilliant deal.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

happy out.

Is his ban in effect over there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,407 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

God roll on the new thread :(

Can't be worse than this one

Can it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭MacBizzle

Sorry to bring it back to this again, but when will we hear Suarez's punishment so you think? :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement