Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread Summer 2014 - Mod Warning post #6893

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

How can anybody blame Rodgers for that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Meltdown imminent

And completely justified.

Definitely gone now. One more point for second place and of course we'd have taken that back in August no problem. But that doesn't change the fact that when the pressure was really on, we weren't up to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Our defence hasn't been good enough all year. We are where are we are because of our midfield & strikers, our defense is second rate.

Some cheerleaders in here refused to accept it during the season & have just wanted more goals etc, but our defending is just appalling and was always likely to cost us the league title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Gbear wrote: »
    That's all on Rodgers head.

He had us playing with 9 men for the last third of the match with his stupid ****ing substitutions.
    He owes all the fans and the team he let down a massive ****ing apology.

Rodgers owes this Club **** all.

I'd be embarrassed to accept an apology off him. Even more so to actually ask for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

He had us playing with 9 men for the last third of the match with his stupid ****ing substitutions.

What are you on about, is it Rodgers fault the defenders shat themselves when the pressure hit. Don't forget who got us to this point , apology my ar$e

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

Slattsy wrote: »
    Think i'd rather lose the league on points and not goal difference tbh.

I feel the same but if city drop points vs villa or the hammers, i think the pain of this insane draw will be far worse than finishing with 2 wins and losing on GD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Meltdown imminent. That was a disgusting last 20 minutes. Really really awful. Completely unacceptable. Threw it away.

Played outstanding for 70 mins but the back line and midfield let us down badly when the pressure came. Honestly gutted by that. Not by the league being lost ... but by that gutless last 20.

Rodgers has a LOT to do now for Sunday

Fúck Sunday, it doesn't matter a shít, the league is over! Everyone knows it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Slattsy wrote: »
    Think i'd rather lose the league on points and not goal difference tbh.

I'd rather WIN the league rather than throw away any chance we might have by that absolutely disgraceful last 10 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I think it was my fault. I only watched the second half.

Sorry lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

What was skrtel doing for the last goal. You can't leave a man behind you like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Summed up our season tonight :( Proud to see the inroads we've made this year. I don't buy that Only chance in awhile BS sky etc are spouting. In a good place again. YNWA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭The Narrator

Gotta say, jaysus Palace are a mental team, never know what to expect.

At 3-1 we should have protected what we had, 3 points was the most important thing. Guess we now definitely know what we already knew, we're weak in defence..

The way Palace played in those last 25 minutes, they got what they deserved. Pool were woeful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

I literally cant get over how bad johnson was there, inexcusable stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

There's going to be a lot of stuff typed in the next few hours I'm sure about who is blame but ultimately its the manager who sets the tone and instructions for the tempo and approach - play high, deep, wide, narrow, press, etc and he sent them out to try and score as many as possible when all he needed to do was send them out to win the game - if they played well the goals would follow naturally.

As was the side were so fixated fulfilling Rodgers edict when the tide suddenly turned they floundered, couldn't get themselves into a defence first see the game out mind set. Its happened a few times this season. It can't happen again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

At least that dire defensive performance will have Rodgers thinking of making some major changes at the back this summer. Way too many goals conceded this year.

That match was almost a summary of the season, some excellent work up front let down by some dire defensive displays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

City will probably draw against Villa now.

I cannot fcuking believe the bottle job I just witnessed. We just don't deserve to be champions after that, we really don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Go home Gbear, you're drunk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

billy2012 wrote: »
    How can anybody blame Rodgers for that?

You can't. That's all on the players. You learn a lot about them when pressure is on. Sir tel, Johnson Lucas need to take long looks at themselves after that last 20. Even Gerrard...They just needed to put foot on the ball shut up shop and take the 3 points. No need to chase a 4th. We were playing like a team chasing a 4-0 agg deficit in Europe

Palace played like that v Chelsea, on the break.

We had serious chances to go 4 up. Sturridge flicking it and backheeling it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Knex. wrote: »
    Rodgers owes this Club **** all.

I'd be embarrassed to accept an apology off him. Even more so to actually ask for one.

He's been amazing this season and he's earned a shiny new contract.

But he made a balls of it tonight. Leaving Lucas and Suarez on left us 2 men short.

You can't fault any of the players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,790 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Love the armchair punditry on here. If we had lost the league on goal difference, you'd get all the geniuses on here saying that Rodgers bottled it by not pushing for more goals in the last two games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

niallo27 wrote: »
    What was skrtel doing for the last goal. You can't leave a man behind you like that.

Its because he feels he has to get to every ball first , sometimes its best to let the attacker have it , especially when theres another forward running in behind you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Our defence hasn't been good enough all year. We are where are we are because of our midfield & strikers, our defense is second rate.

Some cheerleaders in here refused to accept it during the season & have just wanted more goals etc, but our defending is just appalling and was always likely to cost us the league title.

Bore off Alan good to see you came out for the meltdown.

Its not like Rodgers brought Coutinho on for Lucas, he swapped him for Sterling. He didn't go gung ho.

Players have to take responsibility for bottling that. Absolute joke. Its hard to be tough on them after what they have achieved this season, but Jesus, that's a sickener.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

Was thinking during the game how impressive it was for the team to come back after last week's disappointment with such a good performance, keeping pressure on City if nothing else. I didn't think we'd win the league after last weekend, but was feeling good that we'd at least push City 'til the last game, and not let our heads drop.

And then the last 15 mins happened. It feels like a kick in the stomach. A feeling I was used to over the last few years, but had half learned to forget over the last few months. Chelsea and Palace have reminded me how much sport can hurt.

It's going to take even longer to be able to focus on the positives of this season now.

J.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,797 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Love the armchair punditry on here. If we had lost the league on goal difference, you'd get all the geniuses on here saying that Rodgers bottled it by not pushing for more goals in the last two games.

Yeah, in fairness they had to push for goals, especially in the position they were in.
    That wasn't an excuse for basic defending to implode however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

We missed a fair few decent chances as well, but really, the defending was atrocious. Simply put, that was the performance of also rans, not champions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Roll on the World Cup & next season!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Hard luck lads, horrible to lose it like that after a great season. Hopefully you's can put together another challenge next season.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

If you're looking for a scapegoat start at the front line and work back.

We had enough chances to put this to bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

At least that dire defensive performance will have Rodgers thinking of making some major changes at the back this summer. Way too many goals conceded this year.

That match was almost a summary of the season, some excellent work up front let down by some dire defensive displays.
    But Carragher spouting on Sky,saying everyone knew Liverpool defence wasn't enough to win Title,well they went close,Gerrard disappeared from game with 20 mins to go....and Suarez is such a volatile character you could well see him leave for somewhere like Real Madrid,Juventus or Man Utd in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

kippy wrote: »
    Yeah, in fairness they had to push for goals, especially in the position they were in.
    That wasn't an excuse for basic defending to implode however.

We didn't have to push for goals though. 3 points was the first target get that. As soon as it goes 3-1 stop chasing more. Close up and take the points. We didn't and we paid for it.

If city win their last 2 games il have no complaints, they will be worthy winners.

I will be very tough to take if they draw either of the last games after the utter collapse in the last 15mins there.

Insanely if city actually lose either game it could be a point gained. You just dont know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

The match thread kinda reminds me of 'The Walking Dead'.....I hope all the saps made it out of the prison before it got over run with United fans looking to tear into them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

The mid table teams having orgasms can't wait till the champions league draw next year without them. Lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Enjoy the FA cup final. Who is in that again? Oh yeah...its the Gunners who have won four leagues since Liverpool last won one. Hilarious Liverpool fans calling us 'losers'. A club who were closer to bankruptcy then the top four up to this season.

If you want to discuss Trophy History I think you came to the wrong thread :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

rob316 wrote: »
    Bore off Alan good to see you came out for the meltdown.

Hang on.

He's bang on with his comment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭dixiefly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Surely it won't be impossible to lift spirits for a new season will there?

Like this feeling right now of absolute dejection....that'll be gone in time for the KO of 14/15 right?

also this might be usefull

Generic responses
    1) Lord sure isn't it great to be disappointed with second
    2) We're still better than your team (where applicable)
    3) Imagine what we'll do with the extra income
    4) How much have we spent compared to your team?
    5) United are 7th

:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

kfallon wrote: »
    If you want to discuss Trophy History I think you came to the wrong thread :rolleyes:

They have the upper hand counting fourth place trophies.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

dixiefly wrote: »

Did you have a bet on that as well mate?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Naive tonight we were never winning the league on GD any sort of a win at palace is a good result. Everybody got a bit giddy at 3 0 understandable I suppose.

Suppose you had a 700 Euro bet on Pulis winning manager of the year as well?

:rolleyes:

Enjoy the FA cup final. Who is in that again? Oh yeah...its the Gunners who have won four leagues since Liverpool last won one. Hilarious Liverpool fans calling us 'losers'. A club who were closer to bankruptcy then the top four up to this season.

You certainly are the worse kind of arsenal fan on these boards, straight into another teams forums after bad result spouting vindictive crap. Liverpool on another level to arsenal this season so jog on back to your forum ya whooper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

At least we'll be sure to get that screenshot now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Ah well, a real pity we didn't take the chances to go 4 up or get a pen for the pull on Stevie, but our defence has been our Achilles heal all season and those goals were píss poor to concede.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭The Narrator

Did anyone really think that Liverpool were going to make up that goal difference in two games?
    Not likely. Also, don't think there is anything wrong with people voicing opinions. If you don't like hearing people's opinions, you could, ya know, avoid forums entirely...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

As a Milan fan I know how it hurts to loose a 3-0 lead ;)
    But I don't think it is over at all and I'm surprised at how people are throwing in the towel.
    City were aweful against Everton....and I think Villa have a chance of beating City. I think players will get motivation from trying to stop teams winning leagues (at least that is how I was at schoolboy level) so it is def still for grabs. And football has a great way of surprising people.
    So heads up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭kildare75

for the love and honour...we have gone from 7th to top....
    if we loose the league, it will be to a team who have spent millions....
    tonight is a sickener for sure...but lets be honest. And forget all the fecking comments...we know our club...we know where we have come from, we still will finish at least 2nd, and we will learn.................... we will learn from this season....
    with the right investments we will improve...don't let the haters get you down...they only hate cause we are top! and that's a fact as a wise man once said,
    we probably wont finish top now alas, and I tip my hat to city if they win it.....but feck it....don't bite with the hatred coming from we all know who....
    still top of the league...YNWA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

You wouldn't believe I put money on United to win the champions league next year got just over evens return is 700.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement