Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread Summer 2014 - Mod Warning post #6893

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Skrtel and Flanagan are the only defenders I want to see back next season. Skrtel has made mistakes but he hasn't had a good partner all season.

We aren't going to wither away back to 7th. Our attack is young and nowhere near it's peak. A top midfielder and re haul of the defence will have us challenging again next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

gernon wrote: »
    Have an awful feeling tonight will make up Suarez mind to move if Real come calling, he was gutted
    anyone else think we may have seen his last away match for us ?

I think he will be gone unfortunately. Real always want and usually get the best current player which after ronaldo (who they already have) and Messi (who they are not going to get) is Suarez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Jez, I just checked the final scores there, last I heard on RTE News Pool were 3 up.

Talk about bottling it in the last few weeks.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Jamie talking a lot of sense here

Post up a summary please. I turned off as soon as the final whistle went, couldn't bear to listen to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

gernon wrote: »
    Have an awful feeling tonight will make up Suarez mind to move if Real come calling, he was gutted
    anyone else think we may have seen his last away match for us ?

No. If anything it's moments like tonight that make teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Stargate wrote: »
    **** it is right !

I want some distraction please

I say we need Pandas , or how about some monkeys that be nice .

Just go and have a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig ****.....and I'm not being funny either!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭kildare75

lads for gods sake..... remember where we have come from...last season!!!!
    the pain will ease....
    but think and be honest...would you be happy to be top with one game to go? if offered back in august...
    don't get me wrong im typing with tears...genuinely...but that's sport!!!
    and these are the same players who have gotten us to this position.........
    its not totally gone....
    its a massive kick in the you know where....
    but we have survived worse..
    Chins up ...come on..we go again.....and villa a victory would be appreciated
    regards Sean

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Felexicon

kildare75 wrote: »
    for the love and honour...we have gone from 7th to top....
    if we loose the league, it will be to a team who have spent millions....
    tonight is a sickener for sure...but lets be honest. And forget all the fecking comments...we know our club...we know where we have come from, we still will finish at least 2nd, and we will learn.................... we will learn from this season....
    with the right investments we will improve...don't let the haters get you down...they only hate cause we are top! and that's a fact as a wise man once said,
    we probably wont finish top now alas, and I tip my hat to city if they win it.....but feck it....don't bite with the hatred coming from we all know who....
    still top of the league...YNWA

Oh the cringe is strong in this one.
    Even got a Rafa reference in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Oh goodie Match of the Day is on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Carragher and Neville are spot on ... but people need to remember something - you take Gerard out of that team and there's not alot of players on the field that have real experience in dealing with these types of situations. Would Chelsea have dropped those type of goals? NO. They have enough cool heads to deal with this type of pressure. Unfortunately we live and die by the sword of attacking football, not seen since the Kevin Keegan era.

We looked far more patient than we did against Chelsea, we learned from that experience, We were excellent for 70 odd minutes. But the pressure is something completely different when you begin to slip. A little naive too ... Neville spotted it immediately ... Coutinho should have kicked the legs off Balaisse as soon as he was getting away.

Its a sickener, one that will take a while to recover from. But it is also a learning experience. Still been a great season lads ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

8lfmz.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I've never been more happy to see beer in my fridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭kildare75

Felexicon wrote: »
    Oh the cringe is strong in this one.
    Even got a Rafa reference in

no cringe..just truth...look at table mate

Augmerson wrote: »
    I don't want to see Johnson play for us again. He faffed about all night.

Was excellent for 70 odd minutes. He was sharp and looked like he identified the threat of Bolaisse early on and was enjoying a battle with him. but of course therein lies the problem with Glen and the team itself - like a rolls royce going forward at times and his cutting edge was really sharp tonight, but going towards his own goal in the last 20 he was everything you do not want to see in a defender ... defend first, go forward second. Amazing to think that England will have him playing as first choice in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

Knex. wrote: »
    I've never been more happy to see beer in my fridge.

I'm on some Double IPA, 8.9% alc. It's easing the pain I tell ya!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

5starpool wrote: »
    Post up a summary please. I turned off as soon as the final whistle went, couldn't bear to listen to it.

No communication between Sahko, Ming and Skrtel.
    Sahko and Skrtel don't move out from defence fast enough and invite teams onto them.

I know Jamie said he didn't want to be a sub this year but would have been nice to have him around with all this knowledge...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Our defence hasn't been good enough all year. We are where are we are because of our midfield & strikers, our defense is second rate.

Some cheerleaders in here refused to accept it during the season & have just wanted more goals etc, but our defending is just appalling and was always likely to cost us the league title.

First part of your post is bang on, second part needlessly inflames by citing "cheer Leaders" like as if you've been the sole voice of reason all year in the face of the lunatic fringe.

Who were the these defensive cheerleaders you speak of , there might have been the odd post bigging up individual defensive performances by Skrtel or Sakho in the face of some unfair criticism but I struggle to remember anyone saying they were happy with the defense as a whole.

If you cut out the point scoring crap every time we slip up you'd get a lot less static in here Alan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

flanzer wrote: »
    I'm on some Double IPA, 8.9% alc. It's easing the pain I tell ya!

I've a very long 4 hours left at work to muddle through :-/

meme_don__t_let_them_see_you_cry_old_boy_png_by_mfsyrcm-d58vriu.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

**** it is right !

qI1CIwp.gif?1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

No. If anything it's moments like tonight that make teams.

I agree with you its games like this when you see the emotion on his face makes you think he will stay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

**** it is right !

kfallon wrote: »
    Just go and have a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig ****.....and I'm not being funny either!

??????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Gbear wrote: »
    That's all on Rodgers head.

He had us playing with 9 men for the last third of the match with his stupid ****ing substitutions.
    He owes all the fans and the team he let down a massive ****ing apology.

If ever there's a time to be pissed off and talk bollocks it's now. So obviously my original post had a pretty high bollocks content.

But even half an hour later it stings a lot less.

All the brilliant memories that have been created this season, including 4 wonderful trips to Anfield where with an aggregate score of 11-2 have made things swim back into focus.

This has been a wonderful season. And there's still a teeny chance it'll get better. From an effective squad of about 13/14 and our manager we've seen the best performances in absolutely ages. Except Johnson.

But I still think Rodgers made a mistake. Naiveté, greed and making the wrong subs. That's fine. He's allowed to make mistakes.

This sort of kick in the balls is going to be hard to forget and he'll learn from this just as he did for those from last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ManOnFire

we really dont seem to have a big character, a voice a leader at the back. Guarantee if Carra was in there that doesnt happen. Rodgers needs to show some capability to fix the defence next season as just going out and scoring one more everytime were pegged back the cant work all the time. We've been dicing with that type of game all season in fairness, its just come at an awful time

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Well yeah, that was devastating. Ripped my heart out, etc. But that's what being a sports fan is. Things in your life that have the potential or capacity to bring great joy will always be capable of subjecting you to merciless pain.

We will kick off the final game of the league season with an outside chance of winning the league. I'd have snapped your hand off for that at the start of the season - we finished 7th last year.

Of course I desperately wanted a different outcome from the past two games but that truly is life. Sport remains the most magical, dramatic and exhilarating thing there is in this world.

Post of the night ,quite possibly the season.

I'm going to have to activate all my alt accounts to thank Lloyds post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Gonna have a shower and pour a whole bottle of 'No more tears' into my eyes... Please let it work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭carraig2

Arsenal fan here. Gutted for you Pool fans.
    Just one thing to say to you sad b***tards coming on here to crow and jeer You must be very sad people to have to get your kicks to someone else's bad luck. Go turn off your computer and fap to whatever sick sh** turns you on and leave real football fans alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

SlickRic wrote: »
    that team has more to learn than we maybe first realised.

so incredibly naive it's untrue.

these are basics lads. you go 3-1, that's it. go tight. shut the game down. make City win the games. we were never going to catch up the GD, so just win the game and make it difficult for City.

just gutting.
    Agree with that, but closing out a game is easier said than done. Firstly, playing a defensive game is just something that we haven't done well this season. This kind of thing is learned and only comes about through practice. I am sure this that drilling the team defensively will top of the list for pre-season. Secondly, when you look at the personnel, we didn't have one player who we could have brought on that would have steadied the ship. That is also something I that will surely be addressed this Summer.

The real 800lb gorilla in the room is Lucas. He has not impressed under Rodgers this season and again tonight, he looked the weak link in midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

viper006 wrote: »
    You certainly are the worse kind of arsenal fan on these boards, straight into another teams forums after bad result spouting vindictive crap. Liverpool on another level to arsenal this season so jog on back to your forum ya whooper

This is hilarious. There were certain Pool fans that enjoyed going into the Arsenal thread spouting ****e all season so I don't blame any Arsenal fan for coming in here to return the "banter" as some Pool fans call it. There's 5 points in the difference and you were beaten twice at the Emirates, hardly "another level".

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Well yeah, that was devastating. Ripped my heart out, etc. But that's what being a sports fan is. Things in your life that have the potential or capacity to bring great joy will always be capable of subjecting you to merciless pain.

We will kick off the final game of the league season with an outside chance of winning the league. I'd have snapped your hand off for that at the start of the season - we finished 7th last year.

Of course I desperately wanted a different outcome from the past two games but that truly is life. Sport remains the most magical, dramatic and exhilarating thing there is in this world.

Great post quite right

• Advertisement

Fowler and Didi look like thunder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

ManOnFire wrote: »
    we really dont seem to have a big character, a voice a leader at the back. Guarantee if Carra was in there that doesnt happen. Rodgers needs to show some capability to fix the defence next season as just going out and scoring one more everytime were pegged back the cant work all the time. We've been dicing with that type of game all season in fairness, its just come at an awful time

You mean the Carra who for all intents and purposes had been a liability for the past few seasons?

We, for the most part, got away with this style of play for 37 games. It's given us a season to savour and no-one was crying when we were piling on the misery against the likes of Spurs and Arsenal instead of sitting back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Maybe I'm being very optimistic here but the result tonight just means City need to lose instead of draw one of their last 2 games. Highly unlikely I agree but that point tonight could make all the difference.

Terrible result tonight for us though considering we were 3 up with less 15 minutes to go.

Forgot to add assuming we win our last game of course

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

#BlameRonnieOSullivan

:D

It's over to you comrade

article_c71ba857e79e27e3_1339783301_9j-4aaqsk.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Two chances to stop that second goal by taking a yellow. Very naive to let him get through.

ManOnFire wrote: »

Its about achieving a balance of attacking and defending. We cannot as every pundit says score more than the others every game, although at 3-0 we could be forgiven for maybe playing more defencively. But lets be honest, look at our bench, not like we have a Mickel/Flamini or proper defencive midfielder to bring off our bench. We are thin squadwise.

Attack as a team defend as a team, we tend to attack like dogs but we definately do not defend as if our lives depend on it. Brendan will need to find the correct type of players he needs to make it work. But for this season we gave our all in a kind of kamikazee type of style ... was thrilling to watch. So near ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Once again ex Liverpool players on MOTD. BBC must be on some sort of bulk contract with them.

Looking forward to seeing them squirm shortly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,104 ✭✭✭mada999

totally shocked, bottled it big time... should have had at least one peno as well... I thought we were very greedy up front, players looking to score themselves instead of playing the easy pass to get a goal.... gutted big time, has to be city's now :(

• Advertisement

dixiefly wrote: »
    Once again ex Liverpool players on MOTD. BBC must be on some sort of bulk contract with them.

Top post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Our defence hasn't been good enough all year. We are where are we are because of our midfield & strikers, our defense is second rate.

Some cheerleaders in here refused to accept it during the season & have just wanted more goals etc, but our defending is just appalling and was always likely to cost us the league title.

What is this sh!te??? Our defense hasn't been good enough, do you think you're hitting us with an exclusive there, Al? Was there people on here saying our defense is class?

And these cheerleaders you speak of who demanded more goals, you mean Liverpool supporters? Ones who are happy seeing Liverpool win matches and hammer rivals and be top of the league with a game to go?

You're all over the shop, Al. Rodgers has done a great job at the club and that seems to annoy you because he proves you wrong every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Going to enjoy reading through back this thread now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Ardent

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    Two chances to stop that second goal by taking a yellow. Very naive to let him get through.

The two people who could have taken him down were on yellows: Suarez and Johnson. Could be wrong on that though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Carragher and Neville are spot on ... but people need to remember something - you take Gerard out of that team and there's not alot of players on the field that have real experience in dealing with these types of situations.
    Same goes for the manager.

It's a bitter, bitter learning experience, but I doubt it's one the team will repeat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

First part of your post is bang on, second part needlessly inflames by citing "cheer Leaders" like as if you've been the sole voice of reason all year in the face of the lunatic fringe.

Who were the these defensive cheerleaders you speak of , there might have been the odd post bigging up individual defensive performances by Skrtel or Sakho in the face of some unfair criticism but I struggle to remember anyone saying they were happy with the defense as a whole.

If you cut out the point scoring crap every time we slip up you'd get a lot less static in here Alan.

Bang ****ing on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Devasting result.I think & hope the players will learn from the last week & kick on again next season.Alot of ppl delighted at our collapse so i hope & think we can use it for even more motivation for next season

Seriously who are you? Why are you here and for how much longer will you be here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

rarnes1 wrote: »
    It's over to you comrade

article_c71ba857e79e27e3_1339783301_9j-4aaqsk.jpeg

We're screwed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Is this wilmunny in disguise ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement