Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Young dog chained up all day

• 04-05-2014 5:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭

My neighbours recently got a dog. Its a large breed (not too sure what kind) and still under 6 months old I'd say. They keep the poor thing chained to his kennel all day every day. You can hear him whining and pacing for hours on end. I've considered offering to walk him but not sure if that would go down too well. Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭dharma200

ISPCA or a call to the warden. Maybe a visit will kick them into action if neglecting the dog

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

Are you friendly with your neighbours? If you are, then I don't see why not. There's nothing nasty about what you are offering, hell... people pay for what you are offering.

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

As said already call the ISPCA if this is how they treat the poor thing then they don't deserve to have him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Idle Passerby

bumper234 wrote: »
    As said already call the ISPCA if this is how they treat the poor thing then they don't deserve to have him.

I'm inclined to agree with this. I don't know the neighbours at all, never spoke to them. They have a little boy who I assume the dog was got for, he's about 4 years old so not old enough to look after a dog at all. I never see anyone playing with him (the dog)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

dharma200 wrote: »
    ISPCA or a call to the warden. Maybe a visit will kick them into action if neglecting the dog

This

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Inexile

call the authorities and ask them to keep your name out of it.

The neighbours may just need an lesson on dog welfare which the ISPCA or dog warden is better placed to give than you hinting at it.

However, anyone who buys a dog for a 4 year old has not thought things through. I think this dog will ultimately be surrendered which would be better for it than spending years on a chain with limited social interaction.

So sad...i don't understand why people get an animal they clearly don't want. Awful.

Let us know how things progress :(

Advertisement