Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

***MatchThread*** 6th May 18:30 STCOLM EweTuppers FC

• 04-05-2014 6:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭

Kick off is 1830, meeting as close to that as possible please.

Cathal
    Ciaran
    Cillian
    Conor
    Damo
    Darren
    Derek
    Derek McL
    Ed
    Jules
    Keith
    Kings
    SteK
    SteMcd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

In

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

in, an awful dose of a kick off time.

darran, can i get a lift off you please?

lads,

do we have a team for later?

me steo mcd keaner and kings are in thats 4

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭murtagh

im in as well,
    havent heard anything else over txt so assume we're all good.
    Everyone should aim to be there 15-20mins earlier as traffic will be more of a factor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Poor Des probably hasn't got near a computer in days.
    Including me that's seven certs. I'm sure there's at least four others who got back to Des by text. I'd say we have a team but I guess there's a possibility we might start with less than 11 due to the early kickoff. See yas there.

Mousewar wrote: »
    Poor Des probably hasn't got near a computer in days.
    Including me that's seven certs. I'm sure there's at least four others who got back to Des by text. I'd say we have a team but I guess there's a possibility we might start with less than 11 due to the early kickoff. See yas there.

well im in, but trying to confirm a lift of Darran...

anybody going from stillorgan/n11 area?

It'd be a bit tight for me timewise but if you haven't got a better offer by 5.30 - give me a text and I'll get you. I'll pm you my number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

sorry lads, obviously mad busy at the moment, and I forgot to bring the phone to work with me :rolleyes:

I'm not going straight home after work either, so can't confirm names etc, apologies about that.

I'll try to get my wife to check the phone, but she has her hands full.

I know for sure the Keith is away, and Jules took the kit so he should be in too

I'll ask cill to confirm, but he should be ok, and lives near enough the ground afaik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Yeah I'm in

• Advertisement

well im in, but trying to confirm a lift of Darran...

anybody going from stillorgan/n11 area?

I'm coming straight from work if you're in the office today?

Cathal - in
    Ciaran - out
    Cillian - in
    Conor
    Damo - in
    Darren
    Derek
    Derek McL - in
    Ed - in
    Jules - in
    Keith - away
    Kings - in
    SteK - in
    SteMcd - in

Are we going to have 11 or should we ask some others?

situations like this shows the advantages of lettin the team know your in or out on the forum as opposed to the text :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 94 ✭✭DeviantD

Sorry for the late reply. I am in
    Derek.

2-2 draw in the height of it 3 terrible decisions by the ref, 1st decision the ghost goal not sure what this was but if it didnt actually go in its a disgrace, then after that i get absolutely lifted out of it twice in their box for 2 stonewaller penos that werent given.
    Not gonna comment on the poor organisation its probably just a once off.

strange game, coasting and dominating possession and had about 12 chances to kill the game off, but i can only recall their keeper making one save and that was disappointing - its as wasteful as ive ever seen us...the game should have been 4 or 5-0 at half time.

case of 2 points dropped when you concede a last minute goal, but it had been coming, they missed an absolute sitting before that and had 2 other decent chances so i guess they deserved it from that sense, but we really should never have been in that position, game should have been well over.

in saying that, we did play 1/4 of the game with 10 men and they had some really decent chances towards the end.
    mrDerek wrote: »
    1st decision the ghost goal not sure what this was but if it didnt actually go in its a disgrace,

it was an absolute freak goal, he should never have got a shot in from there, 3 lads stood there and left him got the shot off or it wasnt even a shot, he just stuck his leg at it and looped it up towards the other side of the goal...

honestly i thought it was a goal, BUT it happened so quick i could be wrong...i have no explanation how the ball ended up behind the goal with no hole in the net as i didnt see it, it doesnt make sense.

Not gonna comment on the poor organisation its probably just a once off.

what is this supposed to mean? my wife just had a baby ffs, and I forgot to bring the phone with me, by mistake, so I'm fúcking sorry if your night was ruined.

"Not going to comment" then go and comment anyway. Nice one.

Yeah, it was a once off, and I already apologised for it, or did you miss that? Here it is again for you.
    sorry lads

jesus des that wasnt a dig at you, it was us havin hardly any bodies and lads showing up late,lads bitching at each other, hardly any encouragement etc...

jesus des that wasnt a dig at you, it was us havin hardly any bodies and lads showing up late,lads bitching at each other etc...

6.30 kick offs are nightmare....tho them lads had 16 and it showed in the end as they finished the stronger.

• Advertisement

6.30 kick offs are nightmare....tho them lads had 16 and it showed in the end as they finished the stronger.

i know hence the once off statement we prob wont have many 6:30s

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Relax lads.. I'm back next week!

Relax lads.. I'm back next week!

damo had a crackin game at right back youl have your work cut out for ya :P

Really wasn't that bad a performance I don't think. We were all over them in the first half even with 10 against 11 and played some good stuff. We coulda been 4 up.
    Second half - wind, no subs, tired legs caught up with us. Their first was a definite goal by the way - clearly went in but it was a total fluke.
    We could have played better but not sure we did that much wrong. That team are right up there in the league. It's shaping up to be another good season so let's go back out next week and keep it going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

what is this supposed to mean? my wife just had a baby ffs, and I forgot to bring the phone with me, by mistake, so I'm fúcking sorry if your night was ruined.

"Not going to comment" then go and comment anyway. Nice one.

Yeah, it was a once off, and I already apologised for it, or did you miss that? Here it is again for you.

Haha, a week and he's snapped. A man can cope with almost anything except ****ty nappies and night feeds.

**** game, move on to next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Yeh bizarre game. We were mismash playing a chunk with 10 players and with Darren and myself both having shown up hoping not to have to play due to being under the weather, we were a long way off full strength. Still, if it finished something like 4-1 or 5-2 based on the chances we created, it wouldn't have felt like a distorted scoreline.

Fair play to Darren for the quality of through balls he still managed to ping about despite the chest infection, and on another day we'd have been able to remove him of defensive burden earlier given he couldn't be expected to have the legs to cover ground with his usual vigour. No such upside for me, was really struggling and have been shattered since.

So all in all, totally poxy two points to drop, but let's just park it knowing we won't be that poorly resourced again any time soon and 2-2 isn't the end of the world in that context.

Who scored?

Who scored?

the first was an og (from a Darran cross) and i think Keaner got the second.

As has been said was a weird game that we'll have to look back on as points dropped as we had more than enough chances to kill the game.

99/100 their first goal goes straight out over the end line, it was a bit of a freak but we completely fell apart after conceding it. Lack of subs hurt us big time as has been said with both Jules & Darren not 100% and from a personal POV I had a game to forget, I don't think I could have passed to one of you guys if we'd been the only two people on the pitch.

We all need to chill the fúck out on the pitch though, as soon as something went wrong we are at each others throats. From my point of view, and I'm sure you'll all agree, I love when I see the opposition screaming at each other as it means that they are rattled and will start making mistakes. If you've got something to say to someone just say it to them, having a shouting match with each other from 30 yards away does nothing but encourage the opposition. It also makes the opposition fully aware that they will be able to wind you up to no end and you'll bite on it every time.

I'm not just referring to last night here, we had at least one incident like it in every game so far, but we've gotten away with it because we've taken our chances and the game was done and dusted by then. We need to learn to take a breath and just get on with the game. Bollocking each other out of it is never ever anything but counter-productive.

The one thing we can take form last night in my opinion is that we haven't dropped points against a team that will be challenging for the league come the end of season. If we'd had one or two subs and played as we had in the previous three games we would have smashed those lads. Drawing with them is a lot better than drawing with someone like Brown Bag who are a better team. In small leagues like this the most important wins are the ones that come against the teams immediately around you as with only 18 games there isn't a huge amount of opportunities for them to make points back up on you so the win is worth more than 3 points.

• Advertisement

the first was an og (from a Darran cross) and i think Keaner got the second.

Sigh... I got the two

Frisbee wrote: »

Bollocking each other out of it is never ever anything but counter-productive.

and this in my opinion is why we conceded a last minute equaliser last night, there was a major row about 1 minute before it and it cost us.

the clearance was sliced for a throw, the header then missed/half cleared and the shot not blocked. i am convinced the row lead to that as it was 3 chances to clear the ball and that comes down to concentration.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

This can be a game learned from, the game was not over at 2-0 despite them blazing a great chance over the bar just before the second goal. I think there was a bit of relaxation as it felt like their resistance was broken with the second goal.

The reaction to the goal/not goal and delay in explanation from the referee and looking for a hole in the net and then the penalty claims and then the shape/organisation caused all sorts of mix-ups which all together brought a general loss of control on the game and then a stunning strike for the equaliser compounded it all.

Perhaps the early 5-0/6-0s brings a confidence, but in tight games (at 2-0 and 2-1), concentration has to be on the game and controlling the game.
    Frisbee wrote: »
    99/100 their first goal goes straight out over the end line, it was a bit of a freak but we completely fell apart after conceding it. Lack of subs hurt us big time as has been said with both Jules & Darren not 100% and from a personal POV I had a game to forget, I don't think I could have passed to one of you guys if we'd been the only two people on the pitch.

Is your ankle alright when you stepped on the ball?

dfx- wrote: »
    Is your ankle alright when you stepped on the ball?

Ha, yeah it's grand thanks.That moment summed my game up, try to pass the ball down the line and stand on it and twist my ankle :o

Sigh... I got the two

you are on target for about 32 this season, if you continue in that kind of form - can you do it?

(1.75 goals Per Game played, over 18 games is approx 32 goals, you had 1.25 goals per appearance last season)

Can someone post the starting XI please (or whatever it was when we got to 11 men)

Just to keep on top of things.

Derek - apologies for that post earlier in the week.

• Advertisement

Ed,
    Damo, Cathal, Derek, Jules
    Cill, Darren, Ste McD, Kings
    SteK
    DerekMcL

Congrats btw Des!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

We'll have the cup aswell for the summer

you are on target for about 32 this season, if you continue in that kind of form - can you do it?

(1.75 goals Per Game played, over 18 games is approx 32 goals, you had 1.25 goals per appearance last season)
    Can someone post the starting XI please (or whatever it was when we got to 11 men)

Just to keep on top of things.

Derek - apologies for that post earlier in the week.

ok cool.
    and ehhh probably not i was aiming for 20+ at the start of the season so it all depends on if i can stay injury free and in form but the pitch change has made a huge difference in a positive way.

Advertisement