Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***MatchThread*** 6th May 18:30 STCOLM EweTuppers FC

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Frisbee wrote: »

Bollocking each other out of it is never ever anything but counter-productive.

and this in my opinion is why we conceded a last minute equaliser last night, there was a major row about 1 minute before it and it cost us.

the clearance was sliced for a throw, the header then missed/half cleared and the shot not blocked. i am convinced the row lead to that as it was 3 chances to clear the ball and that comes down to concentration.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

This can be a game learned from, the game was not over at 2-0 despite them blazing a great chance over the bar just before the second goal. I think there was a bit of relaxation as it felt like their resistance was broken with the second goal.

The reaction to the goal/not goal and delay in explanation from the referee and looking for a hole in the net and then the penalty claims and then the shape/organisation caused all sorts of mix-ups which all together brought a general loss of control on the game and then a stunning strike for the equaliser compounded it all.

Perhaps the early 5-0/6-0s brings a confidence, but in tight games (at 2-0 and 2-1), concentration has to be on the game and controlling the game.
    Frisbee wrote: »
    99/100 their first goal goes straight out over the end line, it was a bit of a freak but we completely fell apart after conceding it. Lack of subs hurt us big time as has been said with both Jules & Darren not 100% and from a personal POV I had a game to forget, I don't think I could have passed to one of you guys if we'd been the only two people on the pitch.

Is your ankle alright when you stepped on the ball?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

dfx- wrote: »
    Is your ankle alright when you stepped on the ball?

Ha, yeah it's grand thanks.That moment summed my game up, try to pass the ball down the line and stand on it and twist my ankle :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

mrDerek wrote: »
    Sigh... I got the two

you are on target for about 32 this season, if you continue in that kind of form - can you do it?

(1.75 goals Per Game played, over 18 games is approx 32 goals, you had 1.25 goals per appearance last season)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Can someone post the starting XI please (or whatever it was when we got to 11 men)

Just to keep on top of things.

Derek - apologies for that post earlier in the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Ed,
    Damo, Cathal, Derek, Jules
    Cill, Darren, Ste McD, Kings
    SteK
    DerekMcL

Congrats btw Des!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

We'll have the cup aswell for the summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

you are on target for about 32 this season, if you continue in that kind of form - can you do it?

(1.75 goals Per Game played, over 18 games is approx 32 goals, you had 1.25 goals per appearance last season)
    Can someone post the starting XI please (or whatever it was when we got to 11 men)

Just to keep on top of things.

Derek - apologies for that post earlier in the week.

ok cool.
    and ehhh probably not i was aiming for 20+ at the start of the season so it all depends on if i can stay injury free and in form but the pitch change has made a huge difference in a positive way.

Advertisement