Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

handcrafthurleys.ie

• 04-05-2014 6:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 391 ✭✭

Could someone tell me if these lads are still in business ?

I ordered two hurls 2 months ago now , no reply from email , not answer calls , haven't seen any update on the Facebook or twitter page , how do i go about getting my money back ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭Horse84

Thank god someone else is having trouble with these jokers. I'm the same, if u paid with PayPal start a dispute right now. I did, they have until Tuesday to come back on it. I've tried emailing direct, contacting em through their website, Facebook messaging and tweeting em. I even got daithi regan's number and left a voicemail and absolutely nothing back.
    I bought something for a bday gift and was then left with nothing when the bday came around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 391 ✭✭MRledzepo

I swear I called that Daithi guys number It just popped up on my browser when I looked for the phone number , I wouldn't mind I purchased a hurl from them sometime last year , I paid with a permanent tsb card , I tried contacting the actual hurl maker that I selected and I'm waiting a response .

I'm actually feckin livid about about it to be honest. I only ordered off of em the one time just to get a few things done with the hurl. If the business was in trouble fair enough but at least have the balls to communicate with customers and take the site down because as it is they prob are still accepting orders. I'll be contacting the national consumer agency after PayPal get back to me.

how long ago may I ask did you order your product ? , I wouldn't mind but I have had no contact with them since my order , I can't remember if I even got a tracking email at all .

The end of march. I got one confirmation email when I ordered and it's been 'processing' since

• Advertisement

I honestly don't know what to do , I can't contact and I deleted the confirmation email but the money has gone out of my account , I can't seem to get in contact with them at all

Maybe contact your bank first and then ring the national consumer agency Tuesday and they'll advise u.

I'll give it a shot tomorrow , thanks , good luck also

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I ordered stuff at Christmas from them, it was wrong so they sent a replacement, which was wrong as well so they sent another replacement which was also wrong, I gave up at that stage

I really probably should've asked for some feedback on here first before ordering from em. My own fault. Lesson learned.

• Advertisement

I already baight of them before so I taught it would be all good

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

In fairness to them, I didn't have any problem getting in contact with them when there was a problem and they threw in a few keyrings as compensation for the mix up. The grandfathers who got their engraved hurleys were delighted with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭deadybai

anyone recommend any other places that sell online ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭Anonymou

Only ever dealt with them once for 2 Liam Walsh hurleys, service was fine couldn't complain, mind you this was around 4 years ago so things may have changed since then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭Smith614

Daithi is involved with myclubshop.ie with M Donnelly. Another micky mouse set up that wont or cant work. Try ringing www.myclubshop.ie by getting their number on their website, Daithi will prob. answer that number. I sent hurleys to Australia 3. weeks ago got them from www.irishhurleys.ie and they arrived in Aus. within 10 days. Always rig the contact number and sus out the company before buying ( you will also get a better price). Ring with a query and you will have an idea of their service. I rand Daithi one day last yr and didn't like the way he dealt. The phone numbers for myclubshop.ie are 087-2276060 and 01-18602901. try this and let us know how you get on.

Just to follow up there. PayPal contacted me this morning to say they had found in my favour and I'll be getting my refund thankfully.
    I've also just been onto the national consumer agancy and they took all my details and they said on the face of it that there's enough to go on to warrant an investigation by them so I'd encourage anyone else with issues to contact them as well.

thanks so much lads , will be giving daithi a ring , thanks gonna ring up tsb

I've been onto the hurley maker tonight that was meant to be making my hurl and he never got my order from them. No doubt I wasn't the only one. He's getting worried himself at this stage he says.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Most of the hurley makers have there own sites now,so probably better off going direct to them,

There was rumours going around down here last year that Handcraft Hurley's was in trouble.

Haven't heard of them doing any club visits in a while either.

Thanks so much lads , rang myclubshop.ie and go in contact with some other guy , wouldn't give me daithi's number even though I said I was looking to get in contact with him , mind you I didn't ask for the number . Rang the NCA and they told me to ring my bank , I rang up ptsb and they said to ring the head office tomorrow to get it sorted , I may have to write a letter to get my money back with proof of my emails to handcrafthurleys.ie , thanks everyone

• Advertisement

MRledzepo wrote: »
    Thanks so much lads , rang myclubshop.ie and go in contact with some other guy , wouldn't give me daithi's number even though I said I was looking to get in contact with him , mind you I didn't ask for the number . Rang the NCA and they told me to ring my bank , I rang up ptsb and they said to ring the head office tomorrow to get it sorted , I may have to write a letter to get my money back with proof of my emails to handcrafthurleys.ie , thanks everyone

You probably were talking to Daithi.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

Was just about to put a thread up but thought I would do a search first.

Im sickened, I ordered two hurls to be delivered to London. Have been at home and back since I ordered back at the end of March so I could have just got them when I was home.

I tried emailing, calling, and also had a look at myclubshop.ie Their Facebook isn't active, I mailed them on that, no reply and I also had a look on solocheck.ie and it didn't fill me with confidence.

I wonder how Lloyds Bank will handle this, I paid off Visa Debit so not sure how much protection I have.

What worse is that it looks like they are continuing to take orders as the site is running as per normal.

I know exactly what you're talking about man. My commiserations, get onto your back direct and tell them your story. Ring the NCA 2moro too and the more complaints they get about them the more it'll start alarm bells ringing as you're right as far as I can see they're still set up to receive new orders which is bordering on fraud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 314 ✭✭tonytoc11

I'm in the same boat. Can't contact him in anyway. I launched a claim with paypal yesterday so hopefully I'll get my money back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Most of the hurley makers have there own sites now,so probably better off going direct to them,

Yeah i was looking this morning after I broke my good hurley last night. I used handcrafthurleys before after being recommended by a clubmate (granted before the issues being raised in this thread). Most of them seem to have their own websites and on top of that postage is a bit cheaper direct from the hurley maker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Locko74

Hi guys, I have being having similar problems with this joker. Rang the number on myclubshop.ie and spoke with a really helpful guy called Nevil. He gave me Daithi Reagans phone number - 087 2582759. The 2 companies don't seem to be linked, but they did have some dealings with Daithi in the past. Said that Daithi is definitely using that phone number as he spoke to him on it only last week.

Are they still operating? It's an absolute joke at this stage I and others have reported these jokers and I've written letters of complaint to the national consumer agency which have been acknowledged.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Locko74

I spoke with Nevil in myclubshop only yesterday, and he told me as far as he knew your man Daithi Reagan is definitely still in business. Getting in contact with him is a different matter tho! I'd say by his tone that the poor bloke is being bombarded with calls about this!

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

Just to follow up, been quite busy of late and never got round to chasing my bank on this, thought I would have difficulty in any case as it's a UK based bank and it's been a number of months (March) since I placed the order.

Anyway, I got a dispatched email from handcraft the middle of last week so it looks like my hurleys are on the way.

Hopefully Ill be posting in the next week to advise of the fact that they have indeed arrived.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭T0001

Bought a goalie hurl off them from Tommy Quaid. Took 2 months to come but good hurl

Tommy Quaid??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭C__MC

Ordered a hurl off this site at the end of June, still no sign despite several emails. Should I go to bank first and recommend what they do?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 martty

I ordered a hurley the end of June too from handcrafthurleys. I rang the number of a guy that is in another business with daithi and he just said that he knows hes not out of business and that people got hurlies off him recently so just to keep pestering him. The contact number I was given for Daithi O regan was 087 258 2759

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Piece up on peter Flanagans Facebook page saying not to order from them, that they haven't supplied them in six months and that they are still debating customers cards even though they are not doing business with them. They tried to take their name off the site, but cannot get in contact with them

Don't order off the site, order from the Hurley maker direct is the message

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Piece up on peter Flanagans Facebook page saying not to order from them, that they haven't supplied them in six months and that they are still debating customers cards even though they are not doing business with them. They tried to take their name off the site, but cannot get in contact with them

Don't order off the site, order from the Hurley maker direct is the message

That rumour has been going around down here for a while,never see their van around anymore,for anyone that has seen it,its kind of hard to miss,it must be two years since I last heard of Handcraft doing a club visit down here,

So I would take Peter Flanagan's advice and go straight to the hurley maker of your choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 mikeb1000

Ordered two hurls on Aug 6th, payment has gone through etc. and still no sign of them. Based in London so not a whole pile of other options..
    I've tried him on facebook, with the numbers above and via email and no response..

Cant contact the maker as it's TJ Ried and I seriosuly doubt he's too pushed bout my two hurleys considering the time of year and the week that's in it!! Any advise on what I can do would be hugely appreciated!?

Need them fairly pronto as we are still playing games here!

Advertisement