Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dublin airport-terminal 1 to terminal 2?

Options
  • 04-05-2014 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

hi, a group of us are flying out of Dublin in a couple of weeks. four of us flying aer lingus(t2) and the rest are flying Ryanair(t1). the flights are only 15 minutes apart so we were hoping to meet up in the airport for a beverage or two. I've seen other threads say that there is a link corridor between the terminals but I was wondering is this link corridor before or after we go through security? and is there any shops(bars in particular) in the link corridor. also, if there is a bar, how long of a walk is it from there back to each terminal? i'd appreciate any help, thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Both before and after. Better to meet up after security id say. Guess whoever has the later flight should go to the other terminal to meet the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,771 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

There is a link after security. If there are smokers in your group - head to the Garden Terrace Bar in T1 as you can smoke in the beer garden.

To get back to T2 from there just walk back along 'The Loop', go past security & the corridor will eventually take you back to the T2 departure gates. Give yourself 15 mins to get from the Garden Terrace Bar to the T2 gates.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,703 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

As I've posted before, if you all have cabin baggage only, you can all go through the security in the same place and then after you've had your pint go to the appropriate terminal for your flights. In other words, you can all go through security in T1 or T2, rather than splitting up and meeting again.

If you've bags to check in you'll have to split up and meet again after security.

As posted above, walking distance is 15-20 minutes.

It's clearly signposted by gate number.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭airbus125

where from Terminal 2 is the walk way, would love to go to starbucks in T1

Take the lift as if going down to the departure gates, and then follow the signs for the airline lounges and keep on walking and miraculously you will arrive in T1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭garclo

Thanks for the help guys, appreciate it!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Liam92

From T2 look for signs for gates 100-300, they're all in T1, and then you'll eventually walk past Aer Lingus & Etihad lounges and it's straight all the way then to T1.

But just take the stairs/lift down from the main T2 level towards the 400 gates and you should find it easily enough. 5-10 mins tops.

Or in T1, just turn left after security and you'll walk past those lounges and on the way to the 400 gates. So just take lift/stairs up and you're in the main T2 area.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,157 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

lxflyer wrote: »
    As I've posted before, if you all have cabin baggage only, you can all go through the security in the same place and then after you've had your pint go to the appropriate terminal for your flights. In other words, you can all go through security in T1 or T2, rather than splitting up and meeting again.

Never knew that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

This post has been deleted.

One tried that with me and I pointed out that it is perfectly allowable.

There is no reason to do that whatsoever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭bikeman1

I have come across some officious T2 security staff that do not allow T1 passengers through their area.

I have gone through T2 security twice before with my flight departing from T1 no problem. One guy said, you know that this is T2 and you will need to walk to T1 on the other side for my flight, I thanked him for the information and that was that.

Another time, nothing was said.

bikeman1 wrote: »
    I have gone through T2 security twice before with my flight departing from T1 no problem. One guy said, you know that this is T2 and you will need to walk to T1 on the other side for my flight, I thanked him for the information and that was that.

Another time, nothing was said.

Exactly!

Failing that I would also have said that there's a shop that I want to visit in T2 and is he expecting me to walk to T1, go through security, and then walk back to T2 and then walk back again to T1, as I could perfectly do.

Given a certain number of Aer Lingus flights depart from pier B (gates 3XX) there are always people going to have to walk across.

The issue of separate terminals is ultimately one of baggage handling rather than the odd person here and there using the other terminal's security.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

Bumping this old thread rather than starting a new one.

Is the link still open? Would like to do some shopping in Terminal 2 before a flight leaving from Terminal 1!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

DivingDuck wrote: »
    Bumping this old thread rather than starting a new one.

Is the link still open? Would like to do some shopping in Terminal 2 before a flight leaving from Terminal 1!

Yup. A lot of Aer Lingus flights leave from T1 so there needs to be a link.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

deconduo wrote: »
    Yup. A lot of Aer Lingus flights leave from T1 so there needs to be a link.

Super— Makes life much easier. Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement