Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Certificate subject choices

Options
  • 04-05-2014 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hello everyone! I'm recently having a great dilemma about my subject choices I took:

-German
    -Chemistry
    -Biology
    -Physcs

...my first plan was to take chemistry and german because they're my favourite subjects and ones I mostly care about (there is only one chemistry class made comparing to biology which will have four because most people want to take it). I enjoy science, it fascinates me and its fun to learn so I also took biology (loads of theory but in this case I don't mind). And then when I came to my last subject... that's where my dilemma starts. In the last group I had a choice between:

-Physics, Art, Music, and Home Economics.

I'm definitely not taking Home Economics.

I love art but it's really hard to get an A (my teacher said that a very small percentage of students get A's, work has to be university standard and that freaked me out. Although I'm sure I'd get a B I'm still really concerned about the points)

So I'm left with Physics or Music. I already had music up to now, I like the subject but i never really cared about it untill recently, meaning I never thought I'd have to choose between physics and music so I didnt do particularlly well in anything other than my practical. But I know it's not that hard (like phisics would be) and if I actually spent enough time studying I coud get a high grade most likely a B. Although dictation is a nightmare...but it comes with practice. Physics I'm a bit scared of because i already have two sciences an all my teachers (including my science one) say I should re think my choices cause its strange and it might not work I talked to my teachers and for now I have

-German
    -Chemistry
    -Biology
    -Physics

but they say that if I find it too hard I can change physics for music/art in the first two months of my senior cycle. Which one should I take?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭emersyn

If you love science and your first instinct was to go with Physics then I'd advise you to stick with it, seeing as you'll have the option to change if you hate it.

Advertisement