Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to study

• 04-05-2014 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi,

I'm just wondering is there anywhere open in in UL right now and later tonight where I can study?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

perthree wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm just wondering is there anywhere open in in UL right now and later tonight where I can study?

Main building is your best bet. Red Raisins is nice when it's quiet (you'd be surprised at the crowd that'd be there at 3am...), or there's the odd smattering of tables in corridors around the place. Not sure if it's closed due to Bank Holiday or not, but it's worth a shot. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

Main building is open the whole time, all through the night every day.

There are study rooms, and a computer room for postgrads (both just past red raisins)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭Beargrylls01

If you know anyone in the CES department I am sure they would help you with one of their 24/7 classrooms ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

If you know anyone in the CES department I am sure they would help you with one of their 24/7 classrooms ?

I'm a Postgrad in the CES Dept. What classrooms are you on about?

YFlyer wrote: »
    I'm a Postgrad in the CES Dept. What classrooms are you on about?

I think they are undergraduate rooms seeing as there is already a Postgrad room 24/7 beside the canteen is there not, all heated and everything :) ?

But if you are stuck, b3-022 has a CES room that is available with swipe card access, if your card does not let you into it get back to me and I can give you an email that will see if you are eligible to get access to the room?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

I think they are undergraduate rooms seeing as there is already a Postgrad room 24/7 beside the canteen is there not, all heated and everything :) ?

But if you are stuck, b3-022 has a CES room that is available with swipe card access, if your card does not let you into it get back to me and I can give you an email that will see if you are eligible to get access to the room?

Yes there is a postgrad reading room in the A1 corridor. That room is available to anybody.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Most classrooms in UL are left unlocked, plenty of space to study in UL at night. During the day C0 class rooms, make sure you have all the notes downloaded first. The best/worst thing about those rooms is the spotty internet.

Also the desk in your room is a safe bet. Free 24/7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Red Raisins is "closed" from 9pm - midnight these days for cleaning. You'll be asked to leave if you're in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Chavways wrote: »
    Red Raisins is "closed" from 9pm - midnight these days for cleaning. You'll be asked to leave if you're in there.

Boo-urns!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭ted9308

Is red raising open day and night at the weekends?

• Advertisement

ted9308 wrote: »
    Is red raising open day and night at the weekends?

Open 24/7 Ted

Advertisement