Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Podcasts in iTunes and on iPhone

• 04-05-2014 8:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

Anybody else sick to the back teeth of the podcasts app on iPhone. At this moment, I have:

* 14 unplayed podcasts
    * 27 played but still showing in 'enabled' text on my iPhone
    * 47 played but showing as 'disabled' text
    * 16 played, showing as 'enabled', but with the cloud symbol

This despite my settings for each podcast (which I had to set for each podcast btw) saying to keep "all unplayed" episodes. Meanwhile on iTunes, played podcasts are no longer being marked as played and it invariably fails to download new podcasts because I've got already got "too many" unplayed.

Okay, it's free, but does it need to be quite so sh*t?! Since I use iTunes about the 90% of the time solely for podcast subscriptions, I guess I should look for alternatives, but anything worth getting has a price tag. I'm not opposed to paying for something quality, but if there's no "lite" version I can try first, I'm not going to pay out money on spec.

Any recommendations? I'd like something that would let me download on my pc, then sync with my iPhone when I plug it in. Which sounds like iTunes, but you know, functional.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Your workflow for podcasts doesn't lend itself very well to new clients as most of them are standalone clients. How about an app like Pocket Casts or Instacast? Both of them automatically download new episodes when available (on wifi or 3G) and have a whole bunch of custom settings.

Instacast also has a Mac client which supports syncing across to the iOS client.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Ranchu

Castro is a great podcast app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Ranchu wrote: »
    Castro is a great podcast app.

That's a really nicely designed app, but a shame there's no iPad client. I know Marco Arment (who invented Instapaper) is working on a new podcast client which should be fantastic.

Advertisement