Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battens patient Liam dies

Options
  • 04-05-2014 8:21pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭

How sad it is to read of the death of Liam this morning.
    His dad posted today

"#LittleLiamo has grown angelwings & joined sister Saoirse in heaven #RIP son #SuperHero No More #BattenDisease"

Not sure if it's ok to post a link for donations, if people would like to remember this brave little boy, so am just posting the link to the main site.

http://www.beeforbattens.org

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Their situation is so heartbreaking I can not even imagine what they must be going through.
    They have made such a big difference for other parents of terminally ill children with the plans for Liams Lodge and The Bumbalance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

I honestly don't know where they get their strength from. To go through it once was bad enough but to go through it again must be utterly heartbreaking :( R.I.P. Liam and Saoirse.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

People can Text BUZZ to 50300. Texts costs €4, to support bee4battens.

I remember reading something Liam's mother said in a paper interview a while back. She said the scariest thing about when both kids were gone was the thought that everything would stop, there would be nothing to do, just silence.

It just sounds so lonely and I wish them well. They have done an amazing job with their children and I wish them peace in the lonely times ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

My heart just breaks for them.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

They are amazing people, how they get strength to carry on day to day is a mystery to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,603 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Liam & Saoirse's parents, Jane McKenna(LauraLynn Hospice) & Jonathan Irwin (Jack & Jill Children's Foundation) & the countless parents involved in Anam Cara, do so much to help other families.

Having had to deal with their own sick children,grieve the deaths of these children -yet they selflessly channel their energy into helping others.

They really are an inspiration not just to us parents,but to everyone.

Advertisement