Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aussie BBQ what happened

Options
  • 04-05-2014 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Went to the one in portobello today and it was closed!
    Tried to ring the one in rathgar and just engaged tone and the websites gone too!
    Loved going, good food great prices.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭byrner88

I hope its not gone. the website doesn't seem to be loading either which isn't a good sign. I loved going here for some grub it was always lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭sully2010

Crap burnt food and crap service I found, not surprised if they are to close down, as much as I hate seeing any business close down though.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭skibum

sully2010 wrote: »
    Crap burnt food and crap service I found, not surprised if they are to close down, as much as I hate seeing any business close down though.
    Burger's / wings etc are good, no better or worse than other places, their "double fried" chips are $hite, but the staff really took the pi$$ with customer service........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

Shower of incompetent basterds. Staff didn't know the menu. Was told to go offo to get drink. Kitchen looked a mess and the burger under cooked (mr at best) complaint to the bewildered girl. Chef made new burger. Same issue.
    Id imagine enough complaints along with no usable menu was the last straw

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭petethebrick

It was inevitable. Rubbish food and awful customer service.

Hopefully the owners will learn from it if opening a new place in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

I love the place. Burgers are good, chips are amazing and the price is reasonable. My only gripe is the long waits for a seat sometimes - which is why i would be surprised they closed as they always seem busy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Was in there Friday night and the girl serving us told us that they had been shut the last couple of days and had only decided to open at lunch time that day. So there were items missing off the menu as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭byrner88

I was heading into town on the bus today coming from Rathmines direction and was able to catch a glimpse of a new sign. It was changed to Australian..... Something. I couldnt see the rest of it. Not sure if it changed hands or what

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

There's a business dispute between the two partners who own the business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

Looking at the Facebook page it seems a lot of people agreed the place was crap

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Kiltennel

I don't particularly like the food but whenever I've been to it there has always been a massive queue. Last time I went it took us 30 minutes to be seated. Certainly seems to be enough people who think it's good. The service was certainly a piss take.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭tomboylady

Went past the place at Portobello on the bus this evening. The blackboard on the wall outside said "Be Back Soon" or something to that effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

Re-opened for business yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭maryishere

must have a look some evening. Sounds like a good idea if the weather is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭MrMorooka

Are they closed again? Have walked past a few times recently and the shutters are down, and they seem to be gone off Deliveroo too. People asking the same thing on twitter as well. Not too fussed because I've never really liked it(agree with the old posters on this thread, it was very mediocre), just curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,824 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Liquidation, premises was up for sale/rent on Daft a while ago.

http://www.mckay.ie/sale/aussie-bbq-ipl/

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭MrMorooka

Ah, I missed that, thanks. A shame, hopefully the premises gets used by something. That street is a little run down, especially with the homeless hostel(?) next door. Great sushi restaurant across the road though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Had a great burger there recently but not sure it was really worth the price tag.

Advertisement