Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athlone ¾ Marathon, Sunday 5th Oct 2013 at 11am

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

menoscemo wrote: »
    Nope, why? AMK says he played the course a few times though...

I was referring to your choice of headwear ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

Great event yesterday. Very well organised and marshaled. My experience (as always) was extremely positive. One things to consider. I think the course could do with an extra water stop. For example, look at Moone last week when temperatures reached over 20 degrees. There was an abundance of water-stops. It was a freak day but it does happen.

A top-notch event on a fantastic course. Didn't really notice that little hill bump at the end.....yeah right! :)

Where would you have liked an extra water station? Every 4 miles seems reasonable to me over this distance.

I enjoyed it. But thought it was a little disorganised. For example, it wasnt clear to me where to go after the stewards directed me to parking spot. Others were confused too. And I didnt think the signage was very good in the hotel. I wouldnt have found the changing rooms, only I walked into a toilet and exited through a different door that magically brought me to the changing room!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

Where would you have liked an extra water station? Every 4 miles seems reasonable to me over this distance.

Take Dublin for example. There are water stations every 2.5 miles. This may be a bit excessive in a race just under 20 miles but a compromise may be every 5km.

I say that for two reasons:

1. Take someone is running 10 minute miles. Water stations every 40 minutes is not ideal.

2. A warm day. They may have provisions if that weather is unusually warm but it does and can happen.

It's a brilliant race and one I look forward it every year. The stations did not effect me but that's my view (reasons above).

Advertisement