Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lunch box notes.

Options
  • 04-05-2014 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭

Is anyone sending notes in your kids lunch boxes? I would love to have ideas. My daughter is in jr infant and want to syart sending it but want it to be a fun and loving experience and most of all called 'cool' by her friends.
    I request mods to allow pictures for this thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

think its a bit mawkish myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

Will she be able to read the note, she will be just bringing them up to her teacher to read for her. I had problems with my son in seniors problems with him settling in. I got a picture of us together and taped it to his lunch box. Told him when he missed me to look at the picture, it helped him. He's in 2 now & I put the odd note in his box.

• Administrators Posts: 14,038 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

eviltwin wrote: »
    think its a bit mawkish myself

I just learnt a new word! I like it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Is anyone sending notes in your kids lunch boxes? I would love to have ideas. My daughter is in jr infant and want to syart sending it but want it to be a fun and loving experience and most of all called 'cool' by her friends.
    I request mods to allow pictures for this thread

I teach infants and very few kids get lunch box notes. We do get the odd message carved/written into the side of bananas/other pieces of fruit/cucumber sticks etc. It's usually something like 'eat me' or 'i am delicious'. That gets a few laughs out of the others and is seen as 'cool'. Having seen how kids are I would be inclined to go with something like that rather than something lovey dovey. Keep it simple depending on your child's literacy levels as teacher has plenty of juices to open/yogurt spills to clean up/coats to zip during the short time kids get to eat and if it catches on could soon end up with 30 notes to read on top of making sure everyone is fed, toileted and ready for yard.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

I My daughter is in jr infant and want to syart sending it but want it to be a fun and loving experience and most of all called 'cool' by her friends.
    Presume this is your first to start school?Most infants won't call it cool, some may even tease your child. (Unless you intend including the note on the back of a ID ticket.)

I'm not sure why you'd want to do this, to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 14,038 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Most infants won't call it cool...

I'm thinking of my infant... Don't think he'd even notice if one of his classmates got a note in their lunch box. And if he did, he wouldn't call it cool. He'd probably be completely indifferent or think it was for the teacher.

If his classmate showed him the note, he'd probably wonder why he was being shown it!

(And he's a very loving, affectionate "mammy's boy"!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I'm thinking of my infant... Don't think he'd even notice if one of his classmates got a note in their lunch box. And if he did, he wouldn't call it cool. He'd probably be completely indifferent or think it was for the teacher.

If his classmate showed him the note, he'd probably wonder why he was being shown it!

(And he's a very loving, affectionate "mammy's boy"!!)

Same here with my 5 year old in Junior Infants, she wouldn't even bat an eyelid.

Advertisement