Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lilliput Legend Adventure Race

Options
  • 04-05-2014 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭

Folks,

Anyone got any expeirence of the Lilliput legend adventure race? Was thinking of doing this for prep for Gaelforce West but after checking the results page from last year seems there was no more than 60-70 people which doesnt bode well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭silver campaign

I did it last year and I thought it was excellent. It was a scorcher of a day. Great set up in lilliput adventure centre. They kayak was in a lake, mass start for the longer distance entrants, I'd say there was about 40 of us. 2 people to a kayak.
    Bike course was straight forward, usually rolling country roads, no major hills, cant remember exact distances.
    Then we got to the run, not exactly a mountain as per croagh patrick or the bigger adventure races, think it was called croghan hill? It was still mighty difficult. Lots of people walking this section, up and down the hill a few times, over hurdles, bales and through trenches for 5kms. The shorter distance then got on their bikes back to the finish, while the longer distance ran for 5k more along a boggy country lane, (you probably wouldnt drive a car on it) before getting on our bikes for a race back to base.
    Had a lovely bbq at the finish aswell. I wouldnt let the numbers put you off, it was very well organised and I feel the standard of entrant was pretty high aswell. I'd imagine there'll be more at it this year. I'll go back again this year, but I'll probably do the shorter one, because that run killed me.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭silver campaign

Id say there was about 150 entrants last year

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭goalie2

Thanks for that folks,sounds like a good warmup for gaelforce so.

Advertisement