Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Galaxy S4 Battery

• 04-05-2014 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hey, anyone know any shops/phone menders where I could pick up a Samsung S4 battery? I'm looking for an original, can only find websites? I'm in dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

Hey, anyone know any shops/phone menders where I could pick up a Samsung S4 battery? I'm looking for an original, can only find websites? I'm in dublin?

Any "independent" phone shop in Moor Street etc. Usually about €15
    You might want to order a Zero lemon battery instead, 7500 mAh ( approx two days all on battery)

>Sol

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭greenketchup

akaSol wrote: »
    Any "independent" phone shop in Moor Street etc. Usually about €15
    You might want to order a Zero lemon battery instead, 7500 mAh ( approx two days all on battery)

>Sol

Thanks, those independent shops just sell the knock off batteries, they're not worth it imo.. looking for a real one?

Never heard of those Lemon batteries, any use or do the wear out after a few months?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

Thanks, those independent shops just sell the knock off batteries, they're not worth it imo.. looking for a real one?

Never heard of those Lemon batteries, any use or do the wear out after a few months?

Bought mine couple of weeks after my S4 ( August 2013) and having unplugged it early Sunday morning it's only now reaching 35% as I type. And that's with wifi, bluetooth, Netflix Google music, chrome cast, smart cast, 3g / 4g, calls.

>Sol

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭rok

Sol thanks for the tip,
    just reading some of the reviews. ..
    "When the case and battery is in the phone, you will lose some cell reception on your phone, because the battery is blocking the antenna, but I have been able to talk on the phone anyway."

Do you have any issues with reception?
    Is the phone weight and size greatly increased?

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Big Wex fan

Does anyone know the dimensions of the S4 galaxy battery or somewhere where' it's posted on an official site? Even a calipers reading if someone could do it. Tried goggle but not getting anything. I bought one on ebay which was an 'original' but it's too wide in depth, cover won't close. Seller has agreed to send another - i'll believe it when i see it.
    Looking at other sellers on ebay seems like a lot of people selling these and from feedback they are not genuine, I've ordered another from amazon which is a compatible with a lot of customer feedback so more confident of this working out.

The phone is 2nd hand and getting a little paranoid that might be a clone eventhough all the checks indicates it's not a clone. The original is approx 2.5 to 3 mm where the replacement i got is approx 4mm. I don't have a calipers so ruler reading.

• Advertisement
Advertisement