Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a social group or something similar

Options
  • 05-05-2014 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Hi

I am living near Gorey, but I find it tough to meet new people and make new friends.
    I am looking for a social group or something similar-to join to meet new people.
    Anyone know of any good groups to join, ..that are friendly to blow ins?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭IsaBrown

Enniscorthy Rugby club Tag Rugby starting on 22nd May. Great way to meet new people and is open to everyone young or old.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

I went to my local library & asked in local shops. I eventually found craft lessons local to me, that's something you could do, if you have an interest in something ask around. It's the only way, I am still finding my feet and we moved 9 months ago.

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Sapphire3

I wouldn't be into the rugby, I like to watch it but that is about it.

I think asking around is the only way as well, I am quite a shy person but I guess I will have to forget about being shy and just get on with it ask around.

Where are the craft lessons? If you don't mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭yermanhimself

Did you think about dance classes - checkout Dancing with Declan - various venues during the week such as Bailey Enniscorthy on Wednesdays, Ballyedmond & Castlebridge. They seem a very friendly group.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Male or female? I know there's a mens 'shed' group active in gorey. Other than that look in your areas of interest. Running, book club, charity volunteers, mums groups, theres quite a few once you start looking.

• Advertisement
Advertisement