Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help wrecking my head!

• 05-05-2014 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭

I recently got an ipod touch 4.
    My friend put a few songs on it first to get me started.
    When I try to connect the ipod nothing happens. It Is not the usb cable as my wife used it to sync her ipod.
    I have just deleted Itunes and re installed it.
    I checked my control panel on my computer there and my ipod is unspecified, when I went to detect the problem It said ipod does not have a driver?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

Try the simple things first, blow the ipod connector to mark sure there is no dust of fluff. If that doesn't work power cycle (unplug/remove the battery) from your PC, some USB errors aren't cleared without this.

Paddy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Try a different USB port on your computer too. If it continues you could try a restore to see if iTunes will pick it up in DFU mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭RickyBobby1

Tried everything lads cheers...still no luck :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Have you tried this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

Is it second hand? There's a huge chance you broke the iPod port.. I took a chip out of mine unknown to me and that's what was happening. It happened taking the iPod cable out the iPod 4's ports were really fragile

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

apple cables can have additional components in them so you can not use non branded leads even though they are the right connectors. the lead for her ipod touch may not be compatible with yours if it's a different model.

All i can suggest is that you go to an apple store and ask to buy a new cable providing it tests ok in the store

Advertisement