Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private disability insurance for Self Employed

Options
  • 05-05-2014 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭

Are there insurance companies offering long and short term disability insurance policies for self employed individuals. I work for myself and would like to a safety net in place for my family just in case I cannot work.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

There are several insurance companies that provide income continuance protection. The most important thing is to ensure that you read the small print and disclose everything. Have a read here
    One false response to a question on a prop form and you will be looking at a claim denial.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

thanks everyone. I have a meeting with local Broker on some Income Protection options. Will post some details once I pull the trigger on a policy.

Advertisement