Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me please with this nightmare scenario

Options
  • 05-05-2014 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭

Left the Pc on last night, went to it this morning and it had " reboot and select proper boot device"

I have a samsung ssd 830 and a 500gb hdd with Windows 7.

Everything was working perfectly and didnt change anything.

I went into BIOS but there is no option to boot from anything other than USB.
    I took out the CSMOS battery and put it back in but still the same.
    Ialso unplugged the drives and plugged them back in.
    Anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

iggy wrote: »
    Left the Pc on last night, went to it this morning and it had " reboot and select proper boot device"

I have a samsung ssd 830 and a 500gb hdd with Windows 7.

Everything was working perfectly and didnt change anything.

I went into BIOS but there is no option to boot from anything other than USB.
    I took out the CSMOS battery and put it back in but still the same.
    Ialso unplugged the drives and plugged them back in.
    Anyone any ideas?

Is there another SATA cable you could try? Any other SATA devices in the machine (disc drives etc.)? Worst case is the SATA controller is gone :( . New mobo would be needed in that case. Also look for an option in the bios to enable/disable the SATA controller, although after a cmos reset it should get re-enabled by default

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

yoyo wrote: »
    Is there another SATA cable you could try? Any other SATA devices in the machine (disc drives etc.)? Worst case is the SATA controller is gone :( . New mobo would be needed in that case. Also look for an option in the bios to enable/disable the SATA controller, although after a cmos reset it should get re-enabled by default

Nick

Hi thanks for reply.
    I took out the hdd and just left the ssd in as thats the drive that the OS is on but still the same problem.
    Does it look like its connected properly in this pic/?

20140505_141235_zpsaxipk5dm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Try swapping around the SATA cables, and make sure that the cables are seated properly. You might be looking at a failed SATA controller there unfortunately. Sorry for your trouble :(

• Registered Users Posts: 38 JayMcS

Try the drive's in another machine if ya can. sounds like MB alright. ya could try re-flashing with the latest BIOS.

Jay

Advertisement