Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plan to live abroad but keep CC and Current Account?

Options
  • 05-05-2014 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hiya, 

I am moving to Germany in the next 2 months. Is it possible to keep my BOI Accounts and get the Statements etc. send to my new german address? I am with BOI since 8 years and like to keep my account for several reasons.

Dunno yet how long I will stay in Germany.

Thanks in advance for your answer

Kind regards
    srk

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,020 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Should be fine. I opened a current account while resident in Germany (used Irish passport + German utility bills) and BoI sends statements etc. over no problem. I had an AIB CC when I left Ireland and changed the address on that as well and AIB were fine so I'd be surprised if you have any problems...in fact as a non-resident you are no longer liable for the stamp duty on your credit card so make sure you do change the billing address ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi srk,

Thank you for contacting us on Boards. 

Yes it is possible to keep your account and to change your address to your address in Germany once you move. 

You can change your address online if you have registered for Bank of Ireland 365 Online and have also registered your mobile to receive security codes. Please go to the Online Service Desk and select "Update Postal Address".

If you are not registered for Bank of Ireland 365 Online, you will need to fill in a Notification of Change of Details form and post it to your account holding branch. As mentioned on the bottom of this form, additional documentation may be required to be sent along with this form to prove your change of address. Please contact your account holding branch to clarify what documentation will be required. 

You can find the Notification of Change of Details form here

Please let us know if you need help with any other query. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement