Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cap reform

Options
  • 05-05-2014 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Can anyone lead me to somewhere that explains CAP in layman a terms? Like 'CAP reform for Dummies' . I will be farming 32hectars and SFP is €1000 which seems low to me??!! Also buying entitlements ect!!?? Thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭benjydagg

chippy78 wrote: »
    Can anyone lead me to somewhere that explains CAP in layman a terms? Like 'CAP reform for Dummies' . I will be farming 32hectars and SFP is €1000 which seems low to me??!! Also buying entitlements ect!!?? Thanks guys

Buy entitlements before Wednesday. Look at www.farmentitlements.ie for a rough idea of the price range. Any entitlements held by you in 2014 will be divided over the lesser of the land you applied on in 2013 or 2015.
    You must have had an SFP application in 2013.
    So, if were to buy €10,000 worth of entitlements before Wednesday, they need not be drawn down in 2014.
    In 2015 to 2019 you will get the benefit of the €10,000 (less compulsory deductions).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

chippy78 wrote: »
    Head over to the Farming and Forestry forum, just click on the link below.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=845&order=desc

You can ask there or you can go back a few pages as it has been covered a lot on there. Just stick 'entitlements' or 'cap' into the search box at the top left of your screen beside the BOARDS.IE logo and it will list all mentions.

They are mostly friendly there so ask and they will guide you on what best to do.

Advertisement