If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Projector

Options
  • 05-05-2014 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi, I'm looking for a projector for my home cinema, my budget is €600. What you can offer me.
    Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

audriuss wrote: »
    Hi, I'm looking for a projector for my home cinema, my budget is €600. What you can offer me.
    Thanks
    Hi Audriuss.

At the moment there would only be the one projector around the 600 Euro mark.

Optoma H180X priced at £499.95 / 624.99 Euro
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/projectors/optoma/h180x/opto-h180x

The link below shows all the projectors we stock in case something else catches your eye.
    http://www.richersounds.com/products/home-cinema/lcd-and-plasma/projectors

Let me know what you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 audriuss

Hi Kenny,

I'm looking at these two projectors at the moment, do you have these in stock:
    (I couldn't post url)

1.OPTOMA HD131XE

2.OPTOMA HD25E ( This one comes with the deal projector screen and glasses included.)

Which one would you recommend for home use?

Thanks,
    Audriuss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Audriuss, thanks for the reply.

There isn't really any competition between those 2 projectors. 

The HD25E has a huge performance benefit over the HD131. The contrast and the brightness are quite a step up and the HD25e comes with glasses which are around £60 to buy on their own. The most difficult thing for projectors to re-produce is bright whites and deep blacks and the better these are, the better the overall picture performance. I would recommend the HD25e, everyday of the week over the 131.

If you go for the deal at £699 and compare this to the HD131 at £549.95 then for £150 you are getting a screen (normally £119.95), glasses worth £60 approx and a much better projector. No brainer.

I hope that helps but let us know what you think.

Many thanks

Dave

Hi, Dave

Is there any chance to get some kind of deal which is similar to the HD25E which involves screen and 3D glasses,
    because im worried that 92 inch wont be enough for my wall,
     i would like a bigger screen, is there any chance to get some sort of deal with HD25E and bigger than 92inch screen?
     Because i would probably take this deal without much thinking if the screen was bigger.

Thanks,
    Audrius

Hi Audrius, thanks for the reply.

The size of the screen is not always determined by the size of the wall, although this does have to be taken into account. It will be determined by the projector you buy and the distance back from the wall that the projector is mounted. 

What's the dimensions of the room ?
    What screen size were you thinking of ?

Thanks

Dave

• Advertisement

Hi Dave,

Room size is 490cm(193") x 450cm(177") 
    So the Projector will be about 490cm (193") away from the screen and im thinking of putting screen on the 450cm wall.

I think I could use bigger screen for this room. 

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Dave,

Room size is 490cm(193") x 450cm(177") 
    So the Projector will be about 490cm (193") away from the screen and im thinking of putting screen on the 450cm wall.

I think I could use bigger screen for this room. 
    Audriuss,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - just doing some quick calculations, with such a huge room you are really not restricted to an small screen - if you can place the HD25e 490Cms away from the screen wall, you can achieve a screen size of approx. 2.7m wide or up to 3.2m wide ( that's width, not diagonal) - or of course if its handier to place the projector on ceiling somewhere between the screen and the back wall we can recalc the screen size range for you no problem.

On a deal ;), if you don't want the DS9092 that comes with the HD25E package: http://www.richersounds.com/product/projectors/optoma/hd25e-ds9092pwc/opto-hd25e-inc-scrn we can do you £90 off any screen from the Sapphire range which are on our website ( again if there are others not on the site we can almost 100% get you a price for your desired size)

Thanks again and keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi there,

some more questions i got,  i picked my projector HD25E and the screen 106" (Saphire [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]SWS240WSF-ASR2) ,[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]So my question is -[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] if i put my projector in the corner of the room i have mentioned before,can this projector focus From the corner and produce a normal 16:9 picture, instead of standing straight in front of the screen (this would be a huge advantage as i would like to keep it in the corner.)[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]and another question is[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]if i put my projector 490cm away from the screen as i mentioned before, i understand that the size of the picture could be bigger than 106" (which is my screen)[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]can i adjust it with the zoom to fit the 106" ,i believe there is no problem of making picture smaller but just making sure its possible without moving the projector itself.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Audrius[/font]

Hi there,

some more questions i got,  i picked my projector HD25E and the screen 106" (Saphire [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]SWS240WSF-ASR2) ,[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]So my question is -[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] if i put my projector in the corner of the room i have mentioned before,can this projector focus From the corner and produce a normal 16:9 picture, instead of standing straight in front of the screen (this would be a huge advantage as i would like to keep it in the corner.)[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]and another question is[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]if i put my projector 490cm away from the screen as i mentioned before, i understand that the size of the picture could be bigger than 106" (which is my screen)[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]can i adjust it with the zoom to fit the 106" ,i believe there is no problem of making picture smaller but just making sure its possible without moving the projector itself.[/font]

The HD25e wont work too well if its placed off axis in the corner of a room - you would need to go to something like the Epson 6100 which has vertical and horizontal keystone to enable you to place the projector in a corner without image distortion.

On the distance - if you place your projector 490cms away from your screen then the MINIMUM screen size will be 3.12Mtrs (123 inches approx) and the MAX screen size will be 3.75Mtrs (148 inches approx.) - if you want a screen size of 106" / 207Cms approx. then ideally for the HD25e it would be placed approx. 3.8mtrs from the screen..

In an ideal world you will set the projector up in the mid range of its range so the optics are given the best chance to work without being stretched with shifting focal lengths or lens corrections - we would recommend downloading the manuals and really having a look at the ideal placement to ensure that which ever model you are looking at will suit your particular installation - the HD25e manual is available here:http://www.optoma.co.uk/uploads/manuals/HD25e-M-en-GB.pdf

Thanks again and keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hmm,

i see this Epson EH-TW5200 has vertical and horizontal adjustment,
    would this one be able to zoom out to fit 106"?

Also i'm not too sure now, i had an old projector that was capable of adjusting vertical/horizontal so i thought that all of them are capable of doing so, its getting more and more expensive as i go deeper into this. 
    If i take this Epson and Screen will turn out to be approx 1000 pounds, where i was thinking to fit under 1000 euro.
    But yeah firstly the question is if i will be able to zoom out to fit 106" because im planning on sitting only 2.5m - 3m away from the screen( as my room is already set up that way) so i dont really need 140" or so inch screen.

Thanks,
    Audrius

• Advertisement

Hmm,

i see this Epson EH-TW5200 has vertical and horizontal adjustment,
    would this one be able to zoom out to fit 106"?

Also i'm not too sure now, i had an old projector that was capable of adjusting vertical/horizontal so i thought that all of them are capable of doing so, its getting more and more expensive as i go deeper into this. 
    If i take this Epson and Screen will turn out to be approx 1000 pounds, where i was thinking to fit under 1000 euro.
    But yeah firstly the question is if i will be able to zoom out to fit 106" because im planning on sitting only 2.5m - 3m away from the screen( as my room is already set up that way) so i dont really need 140" or so inch screen.

Thanks,
    Audrius
    Audriuss,

apologies for the delay - again if you are putting the projector 490cms away from the screen than your screen size range for the Epson 5200 will be 150" minimum and 180" max size ( diagonal) - if you want 106" diagonal then the 5200 will have to be 342cms max away from the screen - this will give you a range of between 105"- 126" ( if my sums are correct!)

No problem with the 5200 putting it of central axis..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi John,

If i take Epson 5200 from you, and decide to get Saphire [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]SWS240WSF-ASR2[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] (106") is there a chance to get some kind of discount for the bundle of two?[/font]

Hi John,

Any updates?

Thanks

Hi Audriuss, unfortunately with those 2 products together, we just don't have the margin to be able to discount those products.

The total for the two would be £979 including delivery down to you as the projector screen is expensive to ship.

Hope that helps but keep us posted.

Many thanks

Dave

Hi Dave

Do you have these 2 items in stock?

Thanks

Hi There,

I have received projector and the screen and everything was working fine,
    Projector is very good screen is doing the job and met my expectations, although i have a problem with screens self return function only lasted for 2 or 3 days and now it has to be manually pushed up.
    Maybe you know what the problem might be?

Thanks,
    Audrius

Hi Audrius. Sorry to hear that you are having problems with the screen.

Can you let me know what happens when you try to return the screen ?

Does it return at all or does it remain in position  ?

Many thanks

Dave

It goes up by itself very slowly for like 20 cm and then stops and needs to be slowly manually pushed up by hand.
    needs that extra bit of help.

Thanks,
    Audrius

It goes up by itself very slowly for like 20 cm and then stops and needs to be slowly manually pushed up by hand.
    needs that extra bit of help.

Thanks,
    Audrius
    Hi Audriuss.

I will leave notes in my Diary for Dave to have this sorted for you tomorrow once our warehouse guys are back in.

Again apologies for the hassle you are having with the screen.

Okay great thanks.
    Ill be waiting to hear from him.

Thanks,
    Audrius

• Advertisement

Okay great thanks.
    Ill be waiting to hear from him.

Thanks,
    Audrius
    Hi Audrius,

I've spoke to Ability AV who supplied us with the screen.  One of their technicians can give you a call in the morning to check out a few things.  Let me know if that's ok.

Chris

It would be great if they could call me tommorow morning. To a different phone number, ill send you PM with the other phone number.

It would be great if they could call me tommorow morning. To a different phone number, ill send you PM with the other phone number.

Hi Audriuss,

Has anyone been in touch yet?  I'm going to forward on the number you sent via PM as well.  Just in case.

Chris

No no one has got in touch with me

No no one has got in touch with me
    Hi again,

Sorry to hear that :(  I'm sending an e-mail right now to our supplier to make sure they get in touch tomorrow.

Apologies about the delay.  

Chris

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.