Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xkey help!

Options
  • 05-05-2014 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hello so i've been looking at this cool device that's called a xkey but what I'm wondering do I need a maximus lizard 360. I don't know anything about my xbox besides its a xbox elite :P
    Please help!

some other questions :

Is teensy.co.uk safe to buy from?

can you still use games that you have bought on it ?

Thanks

- Evan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I would recommend you get a modder out of the services sticky at top of forum and get them to retrieve the key to go with xkey, as it would cost about €20-40 depending on who is doing it. And you would nearly spend that on the lizard.
    Yes games you have purchased will still work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Celeron Media

It depends on your dash firmware and drive type for the Maximus lizard 360 to extract the DVD key. If you have older firmware and a suitable drive for the maximus, your in business. But with the latest firmware you will need RGH or DGX methods to exact the DVD key for X360Key's dummy.bin file to trick the dvd drive encryption. And the other thing is, I haven't seen maximus or x360usb pro devices on the market in about a year.

But with the latest firmware you will need RGH or DGX methods to exact the DVD key for X360Key's dummy.bin file

No your getting mixed up. If you have a phat xbox and some of the older slim you can get the key.bin file. It has nothing to do with the firmware and it is the newer Dvd drive encryption(or hardware) that makes you not able to retrive the bin file.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 madkiller

Thanks all I was expecting no reply, wotzgoingon do you do this service pm me or skype me if you (or if your know someone)!!

madkiller wrote: »
    Thanks all I was expecting no reply, wotzgoingon do you do this service pm me or skype me if you (or if your know someone)!!

What type of xbox is it and where are you based?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Celeron Media

No your getting mixed up. If you have a phat xbox and some of the older slim you can get the key.bin file. It has nothing to do with the firmware and it is the newer Dvd drive encryption(or hardware) that makes you not able to retrive the bin file.

The DVD key is encrypted in the firmware.

The DVD key is encrypted in the firmware.

As I said it only affects the latest consoles and not all like you said.

What type of xbox is it and where are you based?

It's a X box elite 120 gb with a liteon dg16g2s and I'm based in tralee

Also can you pass me on your details please

I would do it but I recently moved house. And all my equipment is in my parents place in Mayo.
    In the sticky there is guys in Limerick afaik. You could drive to them. It would only take them a few minuites to get the key.bin that you need for the xkey.

• Advertisement

a **** ok, if some how you do get it could you pm me thanks anyway!

I can't seem to find em could you link it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Kamikk

Youve the same drive as my falcon xbox. Since its lite on drive to retrieve the key and dummy.bin files youd need a probe. Tools needed Usp probe to connect the drive to Pc/Laptop and CK3i to power the drive, then the probe that extracts the information from the drive.

Look it up liteon flash on youtube or i could do it for you.

check you inbox

Advertisement