Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tri-monitor graphics card advice needed, for X Plane 10

• 05-05-2014 4:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,
    Looking for advice for a mate. He has X-Plane 9, and will be upgrading to X-Plane 10 shortly. Currently he uses a laptop, but he needs a new PC as he plans to run a 3 monitor setup. His budget will be €500.

He currently has one 32" monitor, but plans to have the PC support a tri-monitor setup. These monitors will be bought at a later stage, so doesn't come into budget. I only mention them to ensure that any graphics card suggested support the mulitple monitor setup.

Having never looked a multiple monitor setup myself, I thought I'd ask here, as I'm unsure what graphics load the X-Plane 10 would generate, and thus not sure on how much GB's I need on the card itself to run all three monitors.

That aside, does anyone know where's a good place to buy a decent "Yoke, Throttle and Rudder Pedals" bundle? He'll be getting that before the new PC.

I think he's using this as a cheap way to get used to flying, as he also takes flying lessons at a local airfield as well as the online flying.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

Tbh, to build a PC with a graphics card that will run a game across 3 monitors at anything other the lowest settings and at low frame rates will cost a lot more than €500. Ideally you'd want two graphics cards for that setup. The €500 would be gone on the cards alone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

32" monitor is massive. No need for triple monitor display really. If your friend is willing to increase his budget up to 1500, then he can get X-Plane running well with three monitors. You'll want a decent Intel i5 processor, Z/B 87 motherboard, two graphics cards (I'd recommend GTX 750), 8/16GB of RAM, a 750W+ PSU, case and optical drive. You won't get all of that for 500 if your friend wants triple monitor display.

Advertisement