Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Concrete block shed.

• 05-05-2014 5:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭

Am I crazy to think I can get a 5m * 2.5m block shed with foundation and flat roof completed for €2000, I'd be doing the donkey work.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 234 ✭✭Superdaddy

What height and what kind of block? If you were using 4 inch block with wall height of 3m you are looking at €300 for the blocks alone, 9 inch cavities about €530. about 560 blocks needed by my estimate. At 60cent to lay each block that's bout €340 for 4 inch and a bit more for 9 inch. Concrete for foundations about €150. Roof is unknown, I think it's doable for €250. As I had no idea of doors and windows I didn't remove any blocks for them, but they are more expensive than blocks anyway. And you'll probably want electricity in it too, no idea what that entails, then there's sand, cement, mini digger, clause 804, plastering, windows and door. In a nutshell, its possible with €2000 especially if you mix and pour the foundations, lay the blocks and roof it. Just to be clear, I am estimating here and I am not a builder or in a building trade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭robertxxx

What's clause 804

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 234 ✭✭Superdaddy

Crushed stone filling for building up the floor underneath the concrete. You put sand on the stone, then DPC (damp proof membrane), then concrete.

Advertisement