Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plug tray

• 05-05-2014 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

I planted a lock of veg seeds into plug trays. All went well. About two each of tomatoes, cucumbers, onions etc. However some are now flying ahead of other cells. Some seedlings have a couple of leaves and others just germinated and then the usual with nothing yet in the same tray. Just to make management easier can I replug the seedlings according to development? So each tray is growing similar size?
    What do ya reckon?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭fiacha

No harm in moving them. Just be careful with the root system when removing them from the original plugs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,678 ✭✭✭✭looksee

If they are all different veg then they are going to have different speed of growth and progress. You need to have them in individual pots so you can deal with them as they become ready. Don't move any of them till they have grown more leaves than the original two that appear - they are not really leaves and the plant is not ready to be moved until it has some proper leaves.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Irishmale

Some caught up, others got crowded out. My test results were that it's ok to plug them out and stick in another tray generally!

Thanks guys.

Advertisement