Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who will you be supporting in the World Cup

• 05-05-2014 6:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,975 ✭✭✭billyhead

With the tournament just over 30 days away who will you be following. Will you support your nearest and dearest England or a complete underdog such as one of the African nations. Me I will be supporting Portugal or the Brazil of Europe, a team with talent like Ronaldo you’ll be guaranteed breathtaking, exciting football – win or lose and they have always been underachievers. Also I prefer to support a European team then one from another continent and could not imagine supporting the French or Germans.:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Let's support England ffs, let bygones be bygones and all that :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

billyhead wrote: »
    With the tournament just over 30 days away who will you be following. Will you support your nearest and dearest England or a complete underdog such as one of the African nations. Me I will be supporting Portugal or the Brazil of Europe, a team with talent like Ronaldo you’ll be guaranteed breathtaking, exciting football – win or lose and they have always been underachievers. Also I prefer to support a European team then one from another continent and could not imagine supporting the French or Germans.:D

I'd like to see England do well. I like the hype around them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Deutschland Deutschland Uberalles! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Brazil.....or the Portugal of South America as they are known.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

You mean.... we didn't qualify?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Argentina - Want to see Messi win it!!

The Greatest!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Always like to see Germany, Argentina and Italy do well. Bit of Glory Hunter so I am .

Like to see England do ok also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

England for the first game then the hype machine will go in to overdrive then probably Belgium or Germany.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Probably Germany for me due to all the Arsenal players. I tend to shout for England too when Ireland aren't involved.

There'll probably be some plucky underdog that I'll take a liking to at some stage too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Japan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Want to see Korea do well. Seeing as I'll be there however, its hard to look past Brazil as the team I want to win. It will an incredible party if they do.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

England v France in the final would be nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

England till they go out, then if Germany are still in it I'll invoke the granny rule (or more specifically, the mother rule) and claim to have been supporting them all along.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Probably Germany for me due to all the Arsenal players. I tend to shout for England too when Ireland aren't involved.

There'll probably be some plucky underdog that I'll take a liking to at some stage too.

That would also be England then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

Engerland, until they lose then hopefully Uruguay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

England or Germany.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Argentina - otherwise the wife and family would have me for dinner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

England till the get knocked out and then a couple of the underdog teams Chile who are in such a tough group and the Ivory Coast who I really would like to see do well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Uruguay will be my second favourites. I won't mention who's ahead of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Germany for me as always

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Uruguay will be my second favourites. I won't mention who's ahead of them.

South Korea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Argentina...they'll never get a better time to win another World Cup than now....that plus Messi, Aguero, Tevez, Lavezzi, Higuain, Di Maria and Zabaleta...would love them to do it. *May also have bug money on them plus Messi for top scorer :pac:*

South American teams, all them.

Hoping England get no further than the group stages too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

England but I will have to support France as well for family reasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Think Chile might spring a bit of a surprise in their group, might upset one of Spain or Holland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Wouldn't mind England doing well as its always more interestng with them in it. Also Belgium, Argentina and maybe Germany. I'd like an African team to do well too.

Basically I'm just looking forward to it all, without the fear we would get hammered.

For a genuine answer, always back Argentina so would be supporting them. Aside from that, Germany's current crop of players are probably at their last chance to win a major tournament so would like to see them do it.

Would like to see USA progress a bit, also Uruguay with Suarez. Spain getting tonked would be nice, and an early exit for Italy would round it off.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

England.

Then Uruguay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Not Belgium

I said in 2010 they'd be big for 2014, and i went round several bookies trying to get odds on them making the QF but none of them would give me anything

With the bookies they're what 4/5th favourites, but only because of all the people lumping on them when in reality they're just about top 10 if even

• Advertisement

Someone post that hipster song. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

South Korea?

How did you do that?!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

rarnes1 wrote: »
    South American teams, all them.

Hoping England get no further than the group stages too.

exact same for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,975 ✭✭✭billyhead

Actually Belgium I feel will be major dark horses and worth a punt for at least a semi final position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Il be cheering Belguim on I think. An outside chance!

Won't mind seeing England doing well either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Germany of course

^
    What you mean current crop of players last chance? Ok klose for sure but even lahm, merte and pod aren't even thirty yet or are they? After that it's all in around or well under 25 I thought.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Argentina...they'll never get a better time to win another World Cup than now....that plus Messi, Aguero, Tevez, Lavezzi, Higuain, Di Maria and Zabaleta...would love them to do it. *May also have bug money on them plus Messi for top scorer :pac:*

Tevez ain't going to the WC, too much trouble. Hasn't figured and wont, recently came out saying that Sabatella musn't have a Sky subscription as he hasn't picked him despite winning the league as top scorer in Italy.

Most people think he should go, but he won't sit on the bench and kicks off when he has to, they have went with Aguero and Messi and left the Apache at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

And the Pope is Argentinian also. So they are a shoe in!

Would like to see Italy win it.Pirlo and Buffons last one. Super players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

This lad and his comrades:

_71285873_sholapa1.jpg

:pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Liverpool/Soton

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Germany!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

England, (inevitably) failing that, any European team, it would be great to finally see a European country win in South America.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I want the U.S.A to do well coz I'll be over there for some of the campaign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Portugal, my favorite holiday destination and I'd love Ronaldo to win it.

Also cheering on Japan, and of the Africans and Italy as I have a bet on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Living in America, so will be fervently supporting the USA until they get knocked out at the group stage.

After that, I'll prob shout for Germany, Holland or Portugal. Completely indifferent to England, doesn't bother me if they do well, but wont be shouting for them as they've ben so incredibly boring to watch for about the last 5 tournaments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Being a proud Welshman i have to say i'll be supporting anybody England plays.

Teams i'm gonna support for the tournament? That'll be Greece :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

USA and Netherlands

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Netherlands as I now live there

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Spain all the way

Argentina second

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

kfallon wrote: »
    Think Chile might spring a bit of a surprise in their group, might upset one of Spain or Holland

Yip ... I'm shouting for Chile.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

I will be shouting for The Super Eagles.

• Advertisement
Advertisement