Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Plumbing problem: no water.....

• 05-05-2014 8:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16

Hi,
    I've an unusual plumbing problem. The upstairs attic tank is full, but the upstairs cold taps and cisterns have no water.
    I've fixed the problem several times by attaching a hose to the kitchen sink (mains supply) and pumping the water to the upstairs taps. It works for a few days, then the same problem returns.
    Any ideas? If there is a leak where air bubbles are getting in, how do I find it......no sign of damp spots yet.....
    Any help will be greatly appreciated!
    G

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭richieburke01

Maybe check the pipe coming from the bottom part of the attic tank make sure it is falling downwards
    It is under gravity and water doesn't go uphill
    Is the ballcock in the attic tank filling fast enough to top up tank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16 Pattern Welded Blaa

Hi - thanks for the reply - the ballcock is fine, the tank is full. Once the blockage/airbubble has been shifted by the mains pressure, the water flows with good force indicating there is good gravity flow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭richieburke01

Sounds like you are running out of water in the tank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,157 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Sounds like you are running out of water in the tank

I agree. Just because the tank is full when you have a look doesn't mean it isn't empty when you are getting the airlock. Your ball valve might need replacing or its possible there is a leak underground on the street. This will cause the tank to fill slowly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16 Pattern Welded Blaa

The mystery still persists.... since the last mains pressure fix the water is still running. However the tank is full when this problem occurs, so somehow there is a blockage or an air leak in the pipes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement