Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applied Maths - Group Study Log

Options
  • 05-05-2014 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Hey :)
    I'm doing Applied Maths as one of my subjects for the Leaving Cert this year, and I'm hoping for an A, so I am willing to put a good bit of effort for it.
    In my school we're doing questions 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 10.
    I have prepared 4, 5 and 10 fully, I'm not really good at question 3 (that's the gap I'm missing :( ) at the moment we are doing question 1 (I'm doing good for now), and than question 2 in a week or two.

So, I came up with the idea to make a group of few enthusiastic and ambitious people (lazy people go away :D) who are doing some or all of these questions so that we can revise and practice together, compete with each other and motivate each other.

We can create a Google Doc that everyone will have access to, so that each of us can mark the question he/she did. And also if anyone is stuck, we can help each other.

Is anyone up for it? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

Got your PM, looks like a good idea. Personally I have a teacher who I see 3 times a week who can correct questions/help me, but this would be invaluable once school ends and coming up to the exams. Also for those doing app maths outside school.

Doing 1,2,3,4,5 and 10 also.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Nicke011

Ok :) if anyone is interested in this before the school is over, post here.
    @Aspiring, what questions have you fully prepared until now? We just finished Q1, Q2 is left only :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

Nicke011 wrote: »
    Ok :) if anyone is interested in this before the school is over, post here.
    @Aspiring, what questions have you fully prepared until now? We just finished Q1, Q2 is left only :)

Fully prepared and ready for 1 and 2, the rest need a lot of work, due to lack of effort on my part over the two years :)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭PaleMoonlight

Hey, sounds like a good idea to me. I'm doing questions 1,2,3,4,5,9 and 10. (We decided to do one extra question) I'm also doing it outside school and only see my teacher once a week.

Q2 is my worse question by far but I pretty much need practice with them all. Also my mock I did over Easter got lost so I have to do another soon. -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Nicke011

That's the idea
    https:/*/docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rgShAlNXz171jjbmeNqLx8OpnG30wHNCVy5uyG34PGk/edit?usp=sharing
    It's not looking nice at the moment, but we'll fix that easily :D I've done it in a rush

There's room for 4 people, and we'll close it to public so that no can spy on us :D join us or leave us
    PM me your emails, so that I can add you :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement