Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lunch

Options
  • 05-05-2014 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭

Was in town today with herself and got stumped as to where to head for lunch. Ended up just going into TP Smyths for some paninis as it was close but ideally in future it would be nice to go for somewhere proper.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Brother Hubbard is super. Just down on Capel Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭retroactive

Viva on South Richmond street is good - authentic spanish tapas. Live ibernian music in the evenings and a sun soaked back terrace during the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Black Sheep is decent if you're looking for burgers or sandwiches (and pints) on that side of town.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Was thinking of The Black Sheep but wasn't 100% if they done food and my phone was dead. Cheers so far guys, keep them coming guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Milano's would be my first choice :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

Foam Cafe on Great Strand Street is cool and do lovely food,pizza and salads especially.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

Foam Cafe on Great Strand Street is cool and do lovely food,pizza and salads especially.

Ha!

Don't make me laugh...the singular most pretentious dump in the entire city with a reputation for treating it's customers like shiite.

They actually got thier arses handed to them on thier own FB page for the following post:
    To all our customers, we had a group upstairs this evening who decided to have a large meeting upstairs without advising any of our staff. They were told that whilst we have no difficulty in people using the cafe for a meeting, (which would not be possible in other establishments or which would cost money elsewhere), that it would be nice if we were afforded the courtesy of being told even when these meetings were in progress. Hence the reviews of "the most appalling treatment", in that we had the audacity of saying this to the organisers of the meeting. We are sorry but despite what some persons on Facebook think, the customer is not always right, and that common decency should prevail, even to the staff and owners of Cafes.

Thanks,

Foam Cafe.

The ensuing fallout was lovely to behold.

The customer is not always right tbf!

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Rachiee

Foam is really over-rated ive been given stale cake in there on two separate occasions. Id go for a coffee but i wouldnt eat there they obviously dont care about quality control.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Lolly & cooks in the George st arcade for a savage roll.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭Daith

Sandwich in Honest to Goodness beside Odessa. Or 147 on Parnell St

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Pang wrote: »
    Brother Hubbard is super. Just down on Capel Street.

</thead>

Brother Hubbard's is in a league of it's own, really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

147 Deli on Parnell Street is well worth a look as well.

https://www.facebook.com/147deliparnell

I keep not making it there for lunch but their sandwiches look out of this world & I can vouch for their cinnamon rolls and coffee

10312677_1488952957985963_7094798225329000622_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Rachiee wrote: »
    Foam is really over-rated ive been given stale cake in there on two separate occasions. Id go for a coffee but i wouldnt eat there they obviously dont care about quality control.

Isn't the lad who set it up that solicitor who robbed millions from customers. Wouldn't surprise me given how they treat their customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Another for Brother Hubbard great to see them expanding too! Black Sheep is nice if you are looking for something more substantial the cabonara is superb and I absolutely love the calamari!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

enda1 wrote: »
    Isn't the lad who set it up that solicitor who robbed millions from customers. Wouldn't surprise me given how they treat their customers.

Never had any idea about this before!!

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/thomas-byrne-known-as-sebastian-hobart-to-cafe-clients-1.1614992

• Registered Users Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Mongolian BBQ is a great spot and great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Really like the pepperpot for sandwiches. Also love cake cafe for lunch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

enda1 wrote: »

Yes. And he had the best fake name ever. Sebastian Hobart!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

The customer is not always right tbf!

Having worked in customer facing roles many moons ago I owuld usually agree but badmouthing customers on Facebook is extremely unprofessional.

Lotts do really good lunch food. Also have a "Lunch for Locals" deal for people working in the area for €5.95 seven days a week, soft drinks for a €1 and pints for €3.50-€4 (can't remember exact price) on certain nights. They don't hand them out left, right and centre though. Have to have shown your face regularly which is fair enough I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Lotts' burgers are gorgeous, nice Art-Deco bar too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

I usually go to the Black Sheep for a sit down lunch. Have gone to Madina (Indian) in Mary Street a few times too, albeit not in ages.

For takeaway, I sometimes go to the Aobaba (Vietnamese) or Soup Dragon for soup/rolls on Capel Street.

Collie D wrote: »
    Having worked in customer facing roles many moons ago I owuld usually agree but badmouthing customers on Facebook is extremely unprofessional.

I was joking :D Brought me back to last year when I was still working in Xtravision and we used to have people tell us that what the price was on the box was what they got it for even if it was a mistake and the only one with that price! The pleasure of explaining Invitation to Treat never got old :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

I forgot to add that Pho Viet is fantastic over on Parnell Street if you love Vietnamese. Their Pho is delicious and cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Epicurean food hall is worth a visit too.

Advertisement