Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time frames??

Options
  • 06-05-2014 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Just looking for anyones experiences on time frames from going sale agreed to receiving the keys? Just gone sale agreed here, the owner of house is unwell and in a home, her daughter is selling house to pay for home. Would this seem more straight forward than a probate/bank sale? Ps I know this can be a case of 'how long is a piece of string' type of question! Thanks for any replies :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

We're sale agreed since January! Closing date is in 11 days though, its all paid for so hopefully not much longer.

Hope yours is quicker!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,535 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Marchbride wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Just looking for anyones experiences on time frames from going sale agreed to receiving the keys? Just gone sale agreed here, the owner of house is unwell and in a home, her daughter is selling house to pay for home. Would this seem more straight forward than a probate/bank sale? Ps I know this can be a case of 'how long is a piece of string' type of question! Thanks for any replies :)
    4-6 weeks would be normal for a straight forward sake where there is no negative equity or probate has already being done

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Marchbride

Thank you for replies guys, mauzo! What type of sale was yours? Bank? Private/probate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

Marchbride wrote: »
    Thank you for replies guys, mauzo! What type of sale was yours? Bank? Private/probate?

Ours is a bank sale!

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Ice87

Four weeks for myself and it was a very straight forward sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Arbiter of Good Taste

Both my purchases were very straightforward, but still took around three months each. I wouldn't stress too much if it goes that far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Mine was 7 weeks from deposit to keys, probate sale, pretty straightforward after the sale price was agreed (other than we changed solicitor from when we applied for our mortgage to when it was approved {2000 cheaper} so the forms needed to be resent to new solicitor which prob added a week)

Advertisement