Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job Situation in NYC end of July

Options
  • 06-05-2014 1:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭

My wife and I are moving to NYC at the end of July. Before anyone asks shes American and I have a brand new greencard so all the legal immigration issues are out of the way. We plan to go around the 23rd of July. Having lived in Toronto is NYC the same when it comes to hiring during July? That companies dont hire in July or am i wrong? Im wondering should we delay to the end of August. I have a degree in IT and have worked as a systems administrator and help desk anyalist in the past .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Dave1442397

It may be a little slow in July and August. You might find that hiring decisions are delayed a week or two while waiting for people to come back from vacation, but that's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 NYC2013

Not sure about IT but I know construction is very busy at the moment. The company I am working for are on track to having the same turnover this year as they did in 2007 before the GFC. They'd do more as we'll but they can't find people to fill the positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

Thanks guys seems better there then.... than at home

• Registered Users Posts: 4 w1000

Much of the city shuts down for August, the time when many people take vacations so you'll notice a dip. The job market is so massive here, and the markets so dynamic, that there will still be opportunities, offers and interviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Not really, in your line of work it never stops. RIght now there is a slight uptick in the industry. Your best route would be to contact a recruiter but in the meantime you can check out indeed.com to see if there are any openings in your specialties.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

We booked for the end of aug on the 27th so i think thinks will pick up around then for September Recruitment

Advertisement