Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing Irishman Sydney Donal (Donie) Sullivan information required

Options
  • 06-05-2014 1:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi all,

If you could have a quick look at the Irish Echo website with regard to the missing Clareman Donal (Donie) O'Sullivan who was last seen in Bondi Junction at 10.30 am Saturday morning 03/05/2014.

Apologies I would post up the link but boards won't let me.

If you have any information or have seen Donie since then please contact the police at Waverley or Kings Cross station or even pm me.

Please pass the link on to any people that you may know or would have being around Bondi Junction since Saturday morning.

Lets get the word out there people.

Much appreciated

Doodaas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Diddler82

Have shared on FB.

Really sad, I hope he turns up safe & sound and just ended up on the beer for a day or two too many.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

I believe he has been found.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭HHH

Heard the same. Found in a rarely used shopping centre stairwell. In hospital with a broken arm and bad dehydration. Great news for his friends and family.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

Yep...

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2014/05/08/04/47/irishman-found-after-five-days-in-bondi

Very rare to get good news after 5 days, good outcome and hope he makes a full recovery.

• Advertisement

The Aussie wrote: »
    Yep...

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2014/05/08/04/47/irishman-found-after-five-days-in-bondi

Very rare to get good news after 5 days, good outcome and hope he makes a full recovery.

Let's go to the tea gardens they said it would be fun they said.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭macfran

Heard about him on the radio today and am delighted he has been found alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,336 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

HHH wrote: »
    Heard the same. Found in a rarely used shopping centre stairwell. In hospital with a broken arm and bad dehydration. Great news for his friends and family.

It was the leagues club (similar to an RSL club). And his injuries might be a lot worse than a broken arm considering he couldn't make much noise. Hopefully it's nothing long term.

It could be worse he could have destroyed a hotel single handedly?

Hope he makes a full recovery

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Heard it on the radio there, found half naked and with a black eye Police are describing it as 'misadventure'.

Family are blaming the police for not doing enough.

• Advertisement

mandrake04 wrote: »
    Heard it on the radio there, found half naked and with a black eye Police are describing it as 'misadventure'.

Family are blaming the police for not doing enough.

I know the area and easts is around the corner but far enough away not to search the building.

The guys account should clear up what happened. However the most likely story will involve to much alcohol

Zambia wrote: »
    I know the area and easts is around the corner but far enough away not to search the building.

The guys account should clear up what happened. However the most likely story will involve to much alcohol
    There's two entrances to the Easts club. One of them is on the same street across the road (down a bit), the other around the corner. Regardless, there's no way they could have been expected to search the entire junction. The combined floor must be enormous.

Didn't he go missing during the day?

If I recall easts does not open late so I would think so

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

According to daily telegraph he has broken arm and injured back & neck, which might explain why he couldn't move.
    Poor guy sounds like a Sunday session gone wrong

hussey wrote: »
    According to daily telegraph he has broken arm and injured back & neck, which might explain why he couldn't move.

I fell down the stairs of billy the pigs in the junction one Sunday. I landed out on the street on my ass with a schooner in my hand. The people waiting for the bus found it very amusing.

It can happen to any of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

According to smh, he was found by a guy checking on cleaners, he was found in a stairwell never used, but cleaned every Friday, very lucky the guy found him yesterday, as he was just checking to see if cleaner doing his job.
    http://m.smh.com.au/nsw/missing-irishman-donal-osullivan-found-in-bondi-junction-after-being-trapped-for-five-days-20140508-zr6kn.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Another drunken Irish misadventure story makes the news. Doing the country proud!

hussey wrote: »
    It was 10.30am on saturday according to one paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

cmac2009 wrote: »
    Another drunken Irish misadventure story makes the news.

Any chance you could pm me next weeks winning lotto numbers with your crystal ball ?

He fell down a stairs afaics, could happen to anyone
    cmac2009 wrote: »
    Doing the country proud!

this is a bit worse :

http://bit.ly/RpncI4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

I'm glad he's alive; but found naked, I bet there's a good story to go with that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭bob11

He is not out of danger yet, still critical in Vincents after brain surgery :

http://www.irishecho.com.au/2014/05/08/donie-still-critical-after-brain-surgery/31675

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Apparently the young fella in the hotel has been found dead
    http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/irish-man-dies-day-after-australian-court-case-that-ruined-his-life-629963.html

One can assume what happened but that is tragic.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Deco99 wrote: »
    Apparently the young fella in the hotel has been found dead
    http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/irish-man-dies-day-after-australian-court-case-that-ruined-his-life-629963.html

One can assume what happened but that is tragic.

Just read that, his family must be devastated

Stheno wrote: »
    Just read that, his family must be devastated

Jesus your not wrong. Poor bloke it must have felt like the end of the world for him.

Lads nothing is ever that bad.

Jesus your not wrong. Poor bloke it must have felt like the end of the world for him.

Lads nothing is ever that bad.

Yeah it's a shame, he genuinely seemed to be remorseful for his actions unlike most of the shoe scrapings on here that would wear such an act as a badge of honor.

mandrake04 wrote: »
    Yeah it's a shame, he genuinely seemed to be remorseful for his actions unlike most of the shoe scrapings on here that would wear such an act as a badge of honor.

To be fair Mandrake I have never seen a poster in this forum openly promote that level of drunkeness.

To be fair Mandrake I have never seen a poster in this forum openly promote that level of drunkeness.

Yeah sorry you are right, but have seen plenty defend similar behavior at a lower level especially when it comes to breaking the law, driving while disqualified, drink driving, drunken assault etc without any inkling of remorse. The difference being that this poor unfortunate chap managed to do $500,000, you know yourself there is a very fine line when silly mistake can cross over to serious serious mistakes.

The old saying 'sure it's all a bit of craic until someone loses an eye'

My point was at least he was remorseful.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Cooperspale

It's very sad & tragic for the poor guy to think that this was his only option.

Alcohol in excess drives people to do dumb daft dangerous things that in the cold light of sober day would never even occur to them.
    I suppose the abrasive Australian media didn't help his state of mind; they love lampooning stereotypes (much like most media I guess)
    We've all done stupid things while drinking to excess; it's practically an irish rite of passage (& many other nationalities too)

I doubt this story will make many people reconsider their binge drinking plans this weekend, though I think it should. At least reflect on your need for that 6th pint

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

I suppose the abrasive Australian media didn't help his state of mind; they love lampooning stereotypes (much like most media I guess)
    All media descend to the gutter for content but Australian media seem to get to the gutter and keep digging, the whole defense of the DJ pranking of the nurse who killed herself was pretty revolting to say the least.

This is the country that that gave us the template for fox news.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 30 ezopsae

I notice a lot of websites ran with the story on Wednesday, but following his death it seems to be just confined to Irish Times, Irish Independent, Irish Central and maybe one or two other sites. No Australian websites are reporting on the death of the "drunk paddy" ?

Advertisement